Shit (60)

Frank just smiles and continues walking so I continue behind him. It was just a kiss on the cheek and friends do it all the time. I am trying to convince my brain that but something seems off. The way is happened, suddenly and it felt.. it felt like something. It wasn't just a friend kiss but maybe to him it was. I feel like my mind is speeding at 100000mph but it won't stop and I just focus on putting one foot in front of the other. 

We get to Mikey's room and holy shit he's awake! I bundle in and rush over to his bed to see how he is. Ray and Gee are already sitting next to him so I stand next to Gee and hover over his shoulder. He's awake. Like actually awake. I mean it's not magic, and he looks very tired and in a little pain but he is here and he will be okay.

I stand kind of sheepishly listening to Ray make small talk and shuffling my feet along the shiny floor. Gerard looks up at me with a little smile and I frown a little but not voluntarily, my face just does it and it's kind of annoying. He tilts his head to the side like a cute dog would and pulls me onto his lap. It may look a little silly but it makes me giggle and I think he is happy with himself for making me do that. Frank goes outside and grabs a few more chairs so we sit in a circle around Mikey and just have a chat.

We sit there and just laugh around for what feels like ages sharing dad jokes and cheering each other up when the doctor walks in. He explains that Mikey is going to be moved to another ward for recovery as he is no longer in critical position but he also says that we have to go because visiting hours are over.

We say goodbye and leave the room but Gerard stays for a little while longer just saying some brotherly important thing. Ray suggests we get food and then go to a nearby hotel so we can sleep. I don't oppose this idea because I am absolutely starving but the idea of going into a restaurante and getting food makes my blood run cold. 

I think Frank can tell the idea of going to a restaurant after what happened to my neck and to Mikey literally this morning really scares me because he bows his eyebrow.

"Hey are you okay?" he comes over to my side as if I was going to faint which I kind of feel like doing right now. According to Ray I look pale and maybe I should go straight to the hotel. Gerard comes back in the corridor and we decide that he and Ray will go to collect food and Frank and I will go straight to the hotel. We split up and head off our seperate ways.

The hotel is pretty close and as we check in at the hotel reception we start chatting. I need to talk to him about what happened and I'm sure it's not anything major but I just want to be sure. We get to the room and it's actually pretty big because we all needed a seperate bed. 

Frank turns to me and looks me straight in the eyes. Something feels off but not in a bad way, it's confusing because my brain doesn't know what to do.

"Can I admit something?" F

"uh yeah go ahead" Y

"I'm really fucking jealous" F

"Jealous of what?" Y

"Gerard" F

"Why are you jealous?" Y

"Look , I know this is fucked up but I like you more than just one of my friends, you are funny, pretty and sassy. I didn't want to admit it to myself and I hid it for a while but I just can't anymore and I'm sorry" F.

Holy shit. He looks empty like he just poured his soul out for me to look at. Then he walks over to me but my brain stays calm. I should feel bad. I should do something. What about Gerard. But before I can think of anything else Frank's lips are on mine. He's rougher that Gerard but not in a bad way. it's terrible but it feels amazing. Dangerous, romantic, desperate. Like he is breathing only for me pulling me in as much as he can. 

He pulls away and looks at me nervously and for some reason my heart is pounding and It's not in a bad way. I grab his arm and pull him back in and for some reason I can't explain I kiss him back. It feels great but my gut knows this can only mean trouble. I can't let go, it's strange. I can feel his hands in my hair and it's electric.

SHIT