For Real (22)

I woke up to the sound of the shower on and the coffee machine whirring. I groan as I lift my head up because my scars on my arm are sore and even though my leg is nearly healed it is SO annoying having to use cruthches everywhere. Before the concert tonight I'm going to the hospital in this town so hopefully I can get rid of them and be able to walk properly. 

I open the curtain that blocks my bed from the rest of the bus and swing my legs over so I can climb down. Now when I say climb down I mean somehow struggle onto the floor find my crutches and use my one working leg to help myself up. I try to climb down to the ground from my higher bunk bed but I end up falling onto the floor with a thud. I fell onto my back so nothing was hurt but I still let out a groan. 

Frank strolls over and smirks holding a coffee. "You okay there. Here let me help". I grab his hand as he helps me up and gives me my crutches. I just smile and walk over to the coffee machine. The smell of McDonalds and sweat still lingers in the air .. gross I know.

"So what's the plan for today" I ask because after yesterday I want to have some knowledge or control over what I am doing. Ray looks at me with a friendly look , so this is what it must feel like to have a brother.. I wonder letting my mind go off track.

"Well, we are all going with you to the hospital and then you are performing with us later. But we were thinking you should perform the whole concert with us not just cancer. You are one of us now after all" Ray replies. He looks excited and tired which if you think abut it is quite a strange mix.. sorry my mind went off track again.

I feel static with excitement almost like electricity running through my veins. I nod my head and jump up and down a few times trying to express my excitement. Today will go better I have the feeling in my gut. 

--------------------------------time skip-------------------------------

We are on our way to the hospital all dressed ready for our interview straight after. I'm surprised none of the kids waiting in the reception cried or ran to their mothers when we walked in because of our dyed hair and full black outfits.. and Frank's tatoos. I'm sure when I was smaller I would have been afraid but then again I was a bit of a loser.

We walk up to the desk and a bored looking 20-ish year old guy stares back at us. I ask for the doctor and he sits up a bit looking down at my body.. I can't lie I felt a little uncomfortable and I have to repeat my question before he smirks and gives me a ticket for another waiting area. He grabs my hand and tries to stop me going but Gerard rips it off and leans towards the guy "You touch her and I'll kill you". He says it so forcefully the guy leans back and rolls his eyes. He winks at me once more before I keep walking into the other room. 

"You okay? he whisperes to me and I just smile. "I'm great.. thank you" he leans down to give me a kiss on the cheek but we are interrupted by a proffesional looking woman calling my name.

Mikey nudges me over and she says that only two people can go in the room and before I can even turn around Frank links arms with me and starts dragging us off into the room. I nearly fall over but instead I just laugh. These guys really do know how to keep the atmosphere lighthearted.

--------------Time skip brought to you by Brendon Urie---------------------------

We are now leaving the hospital laughing and chatting my leg now free! I can walk dance jumo whatever as long as I'm careful. Ray hooks my arm over his shoulder and insists he helps me walk because he doesn't want me to become injured again. Ray is the kindest sweetest person you could ever meet. Frank is doing an impression of the doctor's accent which has Mikey doubled over laughing and Gerard is on the phone talking to the manager. Well our manager.

We climb in the black car/ bus thing that we travel in and it's time for the second and most daunting thing today. We are going to an interview..