Bad turned Good (48)

The excitement in my chest fizzles away into pure fear and I jolt away from the box. I open my mouth to scream but nothing comes out and I am suddenly filled with so much panic I think I am going to explode or just die. My heart is pounding so hard I think I'm going to collapse. I get up with shaky legs and run as fast as I can away. I don't even know where I am going just away. 

There is one thing that I have a massive fear of and it was sitting there in that box. What were they trying to do.. kill me? Though I suppose they wouldn't know if I was afraid of it. I sit down and try to stop my heaving chest and calm me heart. It wasn't a snake.. nope. It was much worse than a snake. Well in my opinion. 

I close my eyes and try to relax. I am okay. I am okay. I'm not okay. I'm okay. Like a mantra in my head. When I open my eyes Ray is sitting beside me looking at me concerned. Though I don't think this was the thing that was bugging him. I glance over at him and he gives me a little smile. However bad Ray feels there is always a little smile to cheer people up and give them strength and it is honestly so amazing.

"Look, Y/N I know it's horrible but this wasn't the main surprise so don't kill them yet, plus the tarantula wasn't real just a robot one from a toy store that Frank bought to scare you" R

"It wasn't real?" I say with a shaky voice trying to convince my brain to calm down. It was a prank, Frank bought it as a prank.

"No and I'm sorry I didn't say anything, I was just so pre-occupied thinking about.." Ray trails off into nothing. 

"About what? I can help you, I can listen. Just talk to me" I say as calmly asI can in this moment.

"Not now, later. The other guys will be wanting to give you your real surprise" he says slowly. It makes me sad to see him like this and if I'm honest I don't knoe if I even want this thing whatever it might be because right now it's preventing me from helping one of my best friends. 

Ray stands up and pulls me up too and we head back out to the garden. Frank and Mikey are laughing but Gee looks dissapointed and apologetic. He mouths the words 'I'm sorry' when Frank isn't looking. Then Frank does this big show of showing me he has the remote for the toy tarantula with Hd fibre fur and realistic movements. I kind of like his dedication because he must have spent at least 80 dollars on this model. 

Gee calls me over so I sit down next to him whilst Mikey decides to make an announcement:

"Good morning all, what you have just witnesses was a prank that left out dear friend in shock. The medical institute declares that in order to make her feel better a companion must live life with her. Not any human companion no. But a creature gentle and loving. Please give a hand and welcome venom"

I'm looking around like a crazy person now when I see and little black and brown bundle of joy running towards us. A PUPPY ?! He comes straight over to us and decides to pounce on Mikey and give him loads of kisses. He is so adorable, a little morkiepoo with brown and black fur and a tiny button nose. Why on earth would he be named venom. 

He runs around the garden chasing his tail and making us all laugh, Mikey seems entranced. After a while of running he sits and curls down on my lap falling asleep nearly instantly. It makes me feel much more relaxed and forgiving about what happened earlier.

We just sit there chatting with this little puppy sitting on my lap and chat about where he came from and how we can look after him. Apparently he is a small breed so we can keep him on the tour bus when we o back to the studio tomorrow. 

Then Ray looks over at me and by now he seems a little desperate so I make an excuse to go to the kitchen and meet him there. Now is the time to be a best friend