Stay Alive, stay alive (for me) (27)

Everything goes past in a blur of hugs, photos, signatures and smiles. The adrenaline has left my body and however much I love this meet and greet I feel completely exhausted. Everybody is lovely and I get lots of apologies for the way people acted at first which I am very grateful for. 

I know it sounds petty but I feel kind of uncomfortable and jealous how loads of the girls meeting us are flirting with Gerard. I don't blame them because I would have been the same and I don't blame Gerard for being kind and simply going with it. It just puts me on edge a little but Mikey leans on my shoulder and gives my hand a squeeze of encouragement.

Most people seem more excited to see the others than me, which again is understandable but slightly dissapointing.  Everyone looks so awesome though most of them sporting smudged thick black eyeliner, some kind of MyChemicalRomance shirt and skinny jeans although there are a few others who are different. There are definatley a few who are wearing large jumpers and although they may be completely fine it makes me remember how I used to wear jumpers.. to hide.

It is drawing to a close and the last 5 people are walking through. I can feel my eyes beginning to droop from exhaustion but I am determined to stay awake. A guy walks down the line and reaches my section of the table. He is skinny with blonde toussled hair and a small frame. He is wearing a long sleeve MCR revenge era hoodie and has a few CD's in his hand to be signed. I smile up at him and he smiles back but I catch something. Just before he smiled he had a sort of pained expression that most others would not have seen but I know it all too well.

It's the preparations for the fake smile I have tried to perfect over so many years. I suddenly notice the distant sadness behind his eyes. I quietly tap Ray on the shoulder and whisper in his ear something that I don't want the boy to hear. This guy needs more than a wristband, and If I can talk someone into living for a while longer I am going to try it.

"Hey, would you mind coming with me to fill my water bottle down the hall" I ask with a smile hoping desperatley he would say yes. Ray makes a signal at the security guards telling them to allow me to go. He looks frightened for a moment taking down his guard but then he nods slowly as if he knows what I will say next.

We walk down the hall and I just chat to him about the show for a while so he feels more comfortable and he knows he can trust me. Then I take his hand and slowly roll his sleeves up revealing hundreds of ruby red scars similar to my own. I give him the same speech that Gee gave me and then I allowed him to cry.

He sobbed for a while but soon dried his eyes and I could see that he felt much better. I handed him one of my own wristbands and gave him a massive hug before walking us both back to the room where the meet and greet was now over. I smile and wave as he walks out the door and I walk over to Gerard.

He lifts up my face and places a kiss on my cheek. "I'm so proud of you Y/N, you just saved a life" and I felt the warm feeling creeping back into my body. I did something worthwhile and it could make a difference. That thought alone makes me happy

-----------------------time skip----------------------------------

I'm lying in bed and I'm so exhausted I feel like my limbs could fall off. Though I am struggling to sleep, which makes no sense. My body feels tense like a weight is holding me down and keeping me awake. I just lay here listening to everyone else's snores and try to close my eyes desperate for some energy but time is still passing and I am no further to sleep

3am

4am

7am

my alarm clock goes off and I am still sitting here staring at the wall. What do I do now?