Chapter 3

"Are you hungry? Because I'm starving." Jake asked halfway though our drive. It had already been 10 minutes since we left the bonfire after the incident, and neither of us had spoken a thing since we got inside the car.

"Actually, I am." I answered as I realized I hadn't had anything for dinner and it was already 10 pm.

"Would you like a burger? Is Freddy's ok?'" He asked nervously.

"Sure, I'd love one." I said as he turned right, heading for the Freddy's we'd seen 2 minutes before down the road. We got there about five minutes later, I got out of the car and followed him to the door. He held the door open for me and grabbed me by the waist, leading me inside. We were the only ones there, since it was a Friday night and it was very late for people who went there to have dinner and still way too early for those that went there to grab a midnight bite.

"What would you like to have?" He asked as we approached the counter.

"I'd like the Bacon Cheeseburger. Single of course. What will you have?" I questioned back.

"I think I'll have that one too, but double of course." He laughed. God that laugh. Focus Emily, Jake doesn't like you that way. He left it very clear that he saw you as his little sister, get over him already. It's never going to happen. I thought to myself.

He proceeded to order for both of us, I started taking out the money from my bag to pay for the food, when he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Stop. It's on me, it's the least I can do after everything that has happened tonight."

"Thank you Jake, who knew you were such a gentleman."  I answered in a teasing tone.

"Don't get so used to it." Was all he replied as he handed the money to the cashier. Whom I noticed couldn't stop checking him out since the minute we stepped in. And I mean, who wouldn't? He was so handsome, with his bad boy leather jacket, his messy hair and those piercing brown eyes, of course every girl had a crush on him. No wonder he was such a player.

We headed to the soda fountain. I always like to try different sodas before settling for one, depending on the mood I'm in. I poured myself some weird coke flavor I'd never heard of before. I took a small sip, it tasted awful, I wanted to puke, but I decided to put on my best poker face and play a little prank on Jake.

"Oh my god, you have to try this, it tastes so good." I told him while I handed him my cup, motioning for him to try it. He took a big gulp and the look on his face, it was priceless, he was so grossed out, he spit it right back to the cup.

"Eww. You're so gross." I spoke out, barely containing my laughter.

"What is wrong with you? Why did you make me taste that, it tasted like shit." He replied, laughing as well. I didn't answer, I just couldn't stop laughing, he was so naive, how had he fallen for my prank? I was the worst liar, like in the whole entire planet. While I was finishing pouring my drink, regular coke this time, they called our order number.

Jake didn't even let me carry the tray, wow, I was seriously impressed, he wasn't a big asshole like I thought he was, based on his recent reputation. We sat down at one of the many empty booths, right by the window. He sat right in front of me and started devouring his hamburger. He did say he was starving, but while I was halfway through my first bite he had already eaten half of his burger!

"Oh you have some..." He started saying and my hand immediately rose to my face, embarrassed.

"What? Where? Did I get it off already?" I asked nervously as I frantically moved my hand to remove whatever thing he was talking about.