Chapter 17

When I got home I prepared a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for myself, and afterwards I headed to take a much needed nap. As soon as my head touched the pillow I fell asleep, and I've got to tell you, it was the best nap I have ever had. I don't think I have ever been so tired as today to be able to fully appreciate a nap.

Three hours later I woke up because I heard my mom calling us to dinner, feeling so much more rested and relaxed. I quickly brushed my hair with my hands, because obviously it was a mess and quickly bolted down the stairs, I was starving as always and the food smelled delicious. My mom had prepared chicken parmigiana with Alfredo sauce spaghetti, my favorite meal of all.

"This smells delicious mom." I spoke as I sat down at the table with everyone.

"Thank you baby, I hope you like it, I thought that you deserved your favorite food."

"Thank you mom, I really appreciate it." I said with a genuine smile on my face.

When we finished eating my dad told us all to stay seated at the table because he had something to tell my mom.

"Laurel, I need you to pack your bags, we leave tomorrow to the beach to celebrate Valentine's Day." He happily explained.

"What? really? Oh my god, thank you Jeff." My mom gushed as she stood up to hug my dad.

"That's great!" I exclaimed.

"I wanted to go too." Max whined of course.

"Oh don't worry sweetheart, we'll be back before you know it and this summer we'll take you to the beach, I promise." My mom comforted him before he started crying.

"Emily, can you take care of your brother? He'll be staying at one of his friend's house, so we just need you to check on him occasionally, just call him to make sure everything's okay." My dad asked me.

"Sure, don't worry about it, you just go and relax, you deserve it dad."

"Thank you honey." My dad replied grinning.

"I'm going to stay at Ethan's house? Wohoo! Yay, slumber party!" My brother hollered, forgetting all about being upset for not being invited to the beach.

After we'd finished talking I went back upstairs to my room, took a bath and changed into my pj's. I checked my phone to see if Jake had texted me, he'd just texted me to ask if he could call me. I told him that it was okay and thirty seconds later he called me. This time I was going to go to sleep early today, not stay talking with him all night, I don't think my mind and body can handle two nights in a row of not sleeping.

"Hi babes, how are you?" I asked him.

"I'm so tired, practice today was very intense because we're getting ready for the first game of the season already."

"Really? When is that?"

"It's next week, on Saturday. Will you come and watch your football star boyfriend?"

"Of course I will, I wouldn't miss it."

"Thank you princess. So, were you able to take a nap after school?"

"Yeah, I slept all afternoon, it was great. Did you?"

"Yep, I wouldn't have made it through practice without that nap, I swear."

"I imagine, today I'm going to go to sleep early, we can't not sleep for two nights in a row."

"I know, we'll go to sleep early."

"So, my dad just surprised my mom tonight at dinner with a weekend getaway to the beach for Valentine's." I told him, kind of hoping he'd get my not so subtle hint about V-Day so I didn't have to flat out ask him.

"Oh that's so cool Ems. So what are our plans for Valentine's? You know since this is the first time that either of us is in a relationship." Ya, he'd gotten my clue!

"Well, I was thinking we could have just a relaxing evening here at my place, since every restaurant will be overcrowded. We can watch movies, cuddle, order take out..."

"That sounds just perfect Ems. I love the idea. I'll cook us dinner and take it to your place."

"Aww that's so sweet, thanks baby."

"I just want it all to be perfect, it's our first Valentine's together as a couple after all."

"Yeah, it is. I want that too." I agreed.

"So, what were you and the girls talking about at lunch? Everyone seemed so interested in whatever you were saying."

"Oh you know the girls, they asked me about how we'd become a thing and so I told them the story about Saturday, about the game."

"Oh, I see." He responded with a strange voice tone.

"Was I not supposed to tell the story?" I asked him nervously.

"No yeah, of course you can tell the story"

"Then why did your voice tone changed when I told you?"

"I was just surprised, that's all."

"Surprised?"

"Well, yeah you know, that the girls were so nosy, wanting to know every single detail."

"I know, but hey, you said it yourself, you're the most popular guy at school, of course everyone wants to know how we became a couple."

"You're right. I just don't like it a lot when people pry into my life."

"I'm sorry, but I swear, I told them the story super condensed, with no details, and of course I didn't mentioned anything about what happened in the car, I just told them about the Kiss Cam."

"Don't worry baby, it's okay, you can tell them everything, you have nothing to apologize for, you did nothing wrong. It just surprised me that all. I guess I'm not really accustomed to having everyone ask about my life. But I mean, I get why they're so interested, no one would have ever thought that I'd be in a relationship. I'm just new at this."

"Well of course everyone would be curious, you're, well, you."

"Oh come on."

"What? You're the football captain and the most popular guy are you seriously trying to tell me you're surprised people want to know your every move? Everyone just wants to be you Jake."

"Well, I can't blame them, I am pretty awesome, and handsome and strong and..." And here we go again, we're back to the Jake I and everyone else knows so well.

"Yeah you are, you are." I chuckled. "I'm going to go to sleep now, I could keep on talking with you forever, but I really need my beauty sleep."

"Yeah, I should go to sleep as well, I'll see you tomorrow at school, sweet dreams princess."

"Bye babes, sweet dreams." I responded and then hung up. I guess he really was asleep or at least not fully conscious yesterday when he uttered love you, and honestly I'm glad. I would rather us say those words to each other in person than on the phone, it's just way more romantic and meaningful. I know, my romantic side is showing, but I can't help it, I think I'm beginning to fall for Jake, it's not just a crush anymore, I think I might actually love him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! What do you think about this chapter? I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I just wanted Emily to ask Jake about Valentine's Day. And of course, next chapter will be Valentine's Day! Yay! I just love Valentine's as you'd have figured by now. How do you think Valentine's day will go? Anyway, I'm really hoping you enjoy this chapter and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!