Chapter 33

Emily's POV:

Jake took me to Freddy's, since we were both having a deja vu of the bonfire, we decided that it would be fun to relieve it. Well, not the part about almost getting raped, but the part where we left the party and he drove me to Freddy's. It was perfect, this is where we had rekindled our friendship last time. Not that we were fighting or anything, but we just weren't as close as we used to be like when we were little. And then that night at the bonfire, when he saved me, everything changed. He started noticing me, we started talking more, you can say that that night was key to our relationship. If Tyler hadn't tried to rape me and Jake wasn't there to save me, we would just have continued on with our lives. Just acknowledging each other in the hallways and having the occasional conversation at parties, or him cock blocking me at parties. (with Tyler and Liam) That night changed our relationship forever, and for the better. 

If we were going to relieve that night again, I wanted to change a few things. Last time we started the night being friends, and ended it as friends. This time, we were going to start the night as friends, and end it as boyfriend and girlfriend. If Jake still wanted of course. I would totally understand if he doesn't want to date me anymore, after all I was the one that asked him for time, I was the one that wasn't ready to get back into a relationship with him. So I wouldn't blame him if he had changed his mind.

"We're here." Jake announced, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Great." I said as I opened the door and got out of the car. We walked into the restaurant, with Jake opening the door for me. Continuing with the deja vu.

"What would you like?" He asked me as we stood in front of the counter. Thank god this time it was a guy cashier. I didn't like it when the cashiers or waitresses stared at Jake, with drool practically hanging out of their mouths. I wasn't the super jealous type, but I mean, it would bother anyone. Having girls stare like that at your boyfriend, well, ex boyfriend - friend - maybe soon to be boyfriend again.

"I'll have a bacon cheeseburger and a Brownie Temptation custard. I'm craving something sweet." I spoke.

"Oh, that sounds delicious. I'll have that custard as well and a double bacon cheeseburger." He told the cashier.

"Your total will be $15.78" He told us. I started grabbing my purse. Jake held my hand, just like he had done last time.

"No, I got this Emily. I don't know why you keep insisting on paying, I like buying stuff for you." He told me. Oh my fucking god, he was so sweet. I just wanted to grab him and kiss him right there on the spot. But no, I had to wait. I was going to wait until the end of the night to ask him if he wanted to be my boyfriend again. And hopefully we'll end the night with a kiss. I'm crossing my fingers!

"Thank you Jake, you're so sweet." I responded.

We went over to the soda fountain while our food was ready. I went for regular coke this time, not feeling like trying new soda flavors.

"This tastes delicious. I just love it." I announced, to no one in particular, mainly just to myself. That how much I loved coke, I had to announce it every time I drank it.

"I'm not falling for that again." Jake told me. And I remembered that last time we'd been here I had pranked him. I had made him try this awful soda flavor and he almost threw up. 

"I wasn't messing with you. I was just announcing my love for coke." I spoke.

"What? You're joking right?"

"Why? Can't a girl express her love for coke just 'cause she wants to?" I asked him as I tilted my head and I looked at him.

"No, of course you can. I just thought that you weren't serious."