Chapter 13

You've got to be kidding me. Why did I have such bad luck? There are at least 2 million people that live in the Houston area, why did it have to be him and his family? Just why? What did I ever do to deserve this?

"Welcome, welcome, come inside." My father motioned as the family stepped into my home.

"Hi, welcome, I'm Laurel and this are our children, Emily and Max." My mom continued.

"Hello, I'm Frank, this is my wife Anna, and these are our sons, Tyler and Noah." Mr. Lee answered presenting each member of his family. I guess he wasn't aware of the kind of son he had, the psychotic maniac who had almost raped me at the bonfire about three weeks ago. As soon as Tyler saw me, I saw the mischievous smirk forming in in face, as if he were reminiscing our moments together at the bonfire. Sick fuck. I just couldn't wait for this awful dinner to be over, and I sure as hell wasn't looking forward to being seated anywhere near this, this, specimen, to call him something. 

"Let's go into the living room, I'll prepare some cocktails before dinner." My father spoke as we all followed him into the living room, I could feel Tyler's stare as he walked behind me, I hoped he wouldn't try to speak to me, it would take a lot of balls to do so after what he did to me.

As soon as I sat down on one of our sofas Tyler quickly sat down next to me. Are you fucking kidding me? This guy's got some nerve. I just turned around to face him, I just stared at him with my are you fucking serious about this? face and he just smirked back at me. I swear I could see his eyes flickering with joy, he was enjoying this, motherfucker. I seriously hated him, how could he even look at me after what he did? I just couldn't stand it any longer, I got up and went to pour myself a drink, soda of course, my parents didn't allow underage drinking in the house, well anywhere for that matter, but they can't punish me for what they don't know. 

After lingering by the drinks for about 5 minutes I casually went and sat in the two seater where my little brother Max was sitting. He looked at me with a puzzled face, because, well, let's just say this dark haired kiddo and I don't get along very well, just like any other two siblings we have our fights. I just stared at him hard until he lost interest in me and started fiddling with the hem of his shirt, anything to keep him distracted.

An hour later we proceeded to the dining room, after my mother announced dinner was ready to be served.I just quietly prayed that Tyler would sit all away across the table, but just then my precious beautiful mother spoke her thoughts:

"Hey Tyler, why don't you sit over there next to Emily? And Noah, you can sit next to Max, it seems as if you'd all get along pretty well." Oh if only you knew mother, if only you knew. I plopped my self down in my seat, not even bothering to look Tyler's way because I already knew he was smiling and I could hear his evil snickering. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of paying attention to him, he wasn't going to get to me. 

I turned the other way and started talking to Max.

"So how did yesterday's game went? Did you win?" I asked with fake enthusiasm and interest. I honestly couldn't care less about his soccer games, I mean, he was only 11, it's not like he was going to grow up to be a soccer star or anything.

"Yeah, we won, I scored a goal!" He responded excitedly, making me feel guilty for my lack of interest in his life.

"Really? That's great Max." I answered with genuine enthusiasm this time.

"I know, everyone cheered at me, it was my goal that made us win the game."

"That's awesome Max, I'm actually proud of you!"

"Really?" He asked widening his eyes, as if he couldn't believe that I could actually be proud of him, guess I really was a shitty sister. I needed to start getting along and become more interested in my brother's life.