Chapter 8

It's Friday already, tomorrow we're going to the Rocket's game, tomorrow is my 'date' with Jake, I'm actually pretty excited and well, Liv, she's 10 times more excited than I am. The whole week she couldn't stop talking about her 'date', well no, scratch the air quotes, hers is a real date, Luke did invite her after all.

"So when are you going to tell us who you're bringing to the game tomorrow?" Liv questioned me for like the millionth time that week as we were having lunch in the cafeteria with the girls.

"Yeah, you've been all secretive about it." Massie chimed in.

"Do you have a secret boyfriend you haven't told us about or what?" Aubrey added with a frown, she hated it when people hid things from her. She liked to be informed of everything, specially the juicy gossip.

"What? Of course not!" I finally spoke.

"Then what is it you hoe, why won't you tell us already?" Liv retorted. Out of the three of them, Liv was the only one who was allowed to call me names, she was more like my sister, so that why I let her and I was allowed to call her names as well. With Massie and Aubrey I didn't feel as comfortable as with her, we hadn't reached that level of confidence.

"Fine, fine, I'll tell you. But you have to promise me you won't laugh at me, or say mean things or anything okay?" I gave in.

"Sure, we won't say a thing, just spill already." Massie responded.

"I'm taking Jake." I muttered and just watched their expressions go from 0 to shocked. "Before you say anything, 'cause I know you will even though you promised you wouldn't, I'll explain. His mom told my mom that he'd taken me home from the party and then when I went to ask my mom for permission to go to the game she demanded I take Jake as a way of thanking him for making sure I got home okay." I finished. I thought that that was a pretty convincing lie, I mean, not all of it was a lie, he had of course made sure I got home safe, but the whole moms being involved was definitely a lie.

"OMG you bitch, you're taking Jake?? As in Jake Jake, the guy you've had a crush on since I can remember Jake?" Liv shrieked.

"Can you talk any louder? I think the lunch lady couldn't hear you, you know since she's all the way across the room." I told her annoyed and making her a shut the hell up face or else...

"Sorry, sorry, you just took me by surprise. Never in my whole life would I have thought that Jake was the guy you were bringing."

"He's super hot." Massie admitted.

"You're so lucky, every girl wants to go out with him." Aubrey stated.

"It's not a big deal you guys, I've know him since forever." I lied. Of course it was a pretty fucking big deal, I was going out with Jake, one of the most popular guys from school and captain of the football team!!! My face showed I couldn't care less but on the inside, well, let's just say I wanted to scream and shout and let it all out. *cue the song reference*

"Have you decided what you're going to wear? OMG, we have to go shopping, like yesterday, I don't have anything to wear either." Liv said.

"Let's go to the mall after school." Aubrey answered.

"But I don't have any money." Massie whined.

"Don't worry, I'll buy you whatever you want." Liv responded. Liv was the richest out of all of us, not that we were poor or anything, all of us had great big houses, our dads had good paying jobs and we were all kind of spoiled, but Liv was the most, she had the biggest house, her dad earned tons and tons of money, she was always getting designer gifts courtesy of her dad and so she didn't mind spending a few extra bucks to help her girls out.