Extra bonus chapter 3: Maya Walker

This extra bonus chapter is about Kelsey and Ethan's daughter Maya. Now this was supposed to be a surprise but I guess I'm telling you now, I'm going to be writing a book about Maya, and so, this is going to be a kind of sneak peek to her book (Coming soon to a wattpad near you)

~Maya's POV~

"Maya, you've been crushing on the guy ever since you first saw him, you need to finally talk to him" My best friend Ella says as we enter our English classroom. 

Let me catch you up, I'm Maya Walker. 

And I have a crush.

On  a guy.

His name's Alex and he has a couple of classes with me and I guess I've liked him ever since the first time I saw him, opening his locker. Which is right next to mine might I add.

I don't get all those people who have the guts to talk to their crush, or those lucky people who's crush likes them back. 

I would die if I ever talked to him.

"No way Ella, I'm good enough with just watching him" I say, taking out my stuff.

"Sure, if you're okay with just being a stalker for the rest of your life" She says.

As I take out my notebook I feel a nudge on my shoulder, I look at Ella and see her glancing towards the door.

My heart stops in when he just walks in.

Why does this always happen to me when I'm around him? 

Stupid heart.

Maybe I shouldn't call the thing that keeps me alive stupid....

Sorry hearty. 

"Okay class, I think everyone's here" Mrs Parker says looking around our small class. 

I guess not many people were interested in English literature and so the result was this. 

A very small number of students in class.

I prefer it like this honestly, less people to annoy you and the teacher can actually remember your name.

Though I don't know if that's such a good thing.

"So, today I'm sure you'll quite enjoy the lesson, I've decided to have you working in pairs on a piece of text, you're going to find a way how to turn this piece alive, by finding a way to act it out and making it seem realistic" She says.

I get confused because I never thought we would get to act during English literature, maybe it's to help us 'connect' with the piece? Or help us get in the zone?

Well how should I know?

Well I guess this is better then having her read us stuff that no one actually listens to because they would have fallen asleep. 

This woman has a really relaxing voice, she should go work in one of those sleep therapy classes.

But she's a great teacher and I've learned a lot from her, you know, when I actually manage to stay awake. 

I turn my head towards Ella, like to tell her that she's going to be my partner. I love being able to choose my own partner, I can just choose a friend and not risk being paired up with anyone annoying. 

Or worse....

ALEX!

"Not this time babes" She says to me. I just give her a confused look as she looks at the back towards Ben grinning.