Chapter 3

Y/N POV

After a few months of training, I manage to develop an aura. And soon after, I unlock my semblance, which I call Spectral Blades, names after my subclass. I'm chilling under a tree with Blake, and I notice she keeps staring at me, but when I look at her, she blushes and looks away. What is up with her lately? I know we've been living together for a while, and the family sees me as their own despite not being a faunas, but come on. There's no way she could like me. But when I look at her, she looks down.

Blake: Hey Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah?

Blake: Can I... ask you something? Rather a personal question?

Y/N: Sure, what's on your mind?

Blake: How do you feel about dating?

Y/N: Well, I find it very nice and relaxing. It's good to have a significant other to talk to when you need someone, and it helps keep one's sanity in check sometimes.

Ghost: I don't quite understand this... "dating" concept, but I too find it enjoyable when two humans... well, in your case, faunas... are enjoying each other's company, just like you two are.

Blake and I blushed at the comment. I scratched the back of my head while she moved her hair behind her ear.

Blake: I'm not suggesting that... *mumbles* but I wouldn't mind if it was with him.

Y/N: Did you say something?

Blake: NOPE, YOU DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL!!!

Blake was a blushing mess, and I couldn't help but laugh. The way her ears twitched and her rosy cheeks turning into tomatoes was adorable.

Y/N: Blake, it's okay. I understand if you like me. To be honest... I think I liked you too.

Blake looked at me with a face of shock and surprise. To my surprise, she hugged me and kisses my cheek.

Blake: Do you really mean it? What about me... bei-

I stopped Blake from questioning me with a gentle and passionate kiss. After a few seconds, she melted into it, and held the back of my head. I slowly break the kiss and look into her amber eyes.

Y/N: sometimes, it's better to not question the love of a person for you than to doubt if he won't love you based on your looks.

Blake had a smile creep on her face, and hugged me again.

Blake: Thank you, Y/N... for accepting my love.

Y/N: And thank you for being someone who loves me...

Blake and I just remain under the tree as Kali pops out.

Kali: Blake, Y/N, dinner's rea- oh... am I interrupting something~?

Kali winks at me and I blush.

Y/N: No ma'am, we were just relaxing for a while.

Kali: Sweetie, you don't need to be formal. You can call me mom as long as you live with us.

Y/N: I know, it's just... I don't mean to impose that with you.

Kali: It's okay, hun. I understand, but I can assure you that you're not imposing, I'm offering.

I nodded and looked at Blake, stroking her ears gently as she purrs from the touch.

Kali: Well, I mainly came out here to tell you two that dinner's ready. So, come get washed up, and we can eat.

Kali went back inside as Blake and I stand up. Blake hugged me and I wrapped my arms around her in a gentle and warm embrace.

Blake: I love you Y/N...

Y/N: I love you too Blake. Come on, mom's waiting for us.

I playfully slap her rump, and she yowls cutely, blushing brighter than the sun in the summer time. I giggle a bit and we walk inside. We wash our hands and clean ourselves up. Blake's the first to sit down, and she scoots close to me. Kali is the first to notice, and gives me a cheeky grin while I blush a bit.

Ghira: So Y/N, I'm amazed by the progress you've made in adapting to our world.

Y/N: It has its ups and downs, but I can get used to it if I have the right people around me.

Blake hears that, and she shuffles closer to me. I smile a bit, but I hide it quickly. Ghira notices, but doesn't think a lot of it.

Kali: Well, I was checking the mail this morning, and I got something for you two.

Kali reaches into her sleeves, and pulls out two acceptance letters to Beacon. Blake and I almost gleam in excitement, and we hug each other.

Blake: Awesome!!! I can't wait to start the first year with you, Y/N.

Y/N: Neither can I, Blake.

Blake and I look at each other, and we quickly part. I feel like I'm getting a death glare from Ghira, so I don't bother looking at him, while Kali is giving me a subtle wink. I finish eating, and I go clean my plate. Blake comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my chest.

Blake: You don't need to be scared of my dad. He understands, and he wants me to be happy. And I'm happy being with you, Y/N.

I look into her eyes and I kiss her deeply and passionately. She kisses back, and leans me over the counter, almost wanting to dominate me. Just as I reach for her hips, Kali knocks and we quickly separate.

Kali: Oh please, don't mind me, you two~. Don't let me get in the way~.

Kali is about to walk away, but she pokes her head back around the corner.

Kali: Be sure to use protection~.

Blake: MOM!!!

Kali giggles, and runs away out of sight as Blake chases after her. I sigh and go upstairs to my room. After a few minutes, I change into my pajamas, which I only wore blue plaid pants, leaving my toned chest and arms exposed. Soon after I change, I hear a storm brewing outside. I soon hear my door open, and I see Blake come in.

Blake: I hate the storm... can I sleep with you tonight?

Y/N: Sure, sweetheart.

I lay down in the bed, and open the other side of the blanket. Blake climbs in, and cuddles up to me.

Blake: Can you promise me something?

Y/N: Anything for you, kitty cat~.

Blake giggles a bit, and rolls on top of me, looking into my eyes.

Blake: Promise me you'll always remain by my side, no matter what...

Y/N: I promise.

I kiss my new girlfriend gently, and we soon fall asleep, holding each other in our arms. I'll protect you no matter what, babe... even if I have to lay my life down to do it...