Chapter 9

Y/N POV

Y/N: Have you heard of the Guardians?

Weiss: No. I don't even know what a "guardian" is.

Y/N: Well, your world has Huntsmen and Huntresses, my world has Guardians. We protect the galaxy from those who seek to conquer it with any means. I'm one of those Guardians. Guardians are separated into three classes. The Hunter, the Titan, and the Warlock. The Hunter, aka me, are the stealthy ones. We stalk the battlefield, eliminating enemies in silence, and escaping before anyone knows we were there. The Titans, they're the brutes on the battlefield. Their strength knows no limits. And finally, the Warlock. The Warlocks are not to be messed with. Their magic knows no weakness. They can cut through the Hive like a hot knife through butter...

Weiss paid careful attention, and it took me by surprise. I kept applying her makeup as I continued my story.

Time skip brought to you by a chibi guardian applying mascara to a chibi Weiss

Y/N: So now, you know why I'm here... and the history of my world...

Weiss: Wow... um... I had no idea... I'm sorry for you losing your team... especially your sister.

Y/N: What's done is done... just like your makeup.

I hold up a mirror for Weiss to look, and she's amazed by what she sees.

Weiss: Oh wow, you actually got my makeup correct down to the eyeliner. I may hire you as my personal stylist.

Y/N: Please, you praise me too much.

Weiss: Nonsense, this is flawless handiwork. Do you know how many stylists I went to, and not a single one knew how to do it properly?

Y/N: If you dare finish that, I'm gonna get peroxide on your cheek.

Weiss flinched at the thought, and immediately fell quiet.

Y/N: I'm just kidding, I wouldn't do that... not yet, at least.

I check the time, and it's just past 1300.

Y/N: Oh wow, lunch time.

Weiss: My, time did fly, huh?

Y/N: Indeed. Come on, I need someone to show me where I'm going.

Weiss stood up, and hooked my arm with hers. I was slightly blushing at this, but went along with it.

Time skip brought to you by a chibi guardian plushie being dragged by an ice queen

We soon reach the mess hall, and we find our seats after getting our meals.

Y/N: Wow... I'm impressed by the place. It's definitely better than eating rations on our ships. Always have to rehydrate the damn things. Do you know how hard it is to rehydrate a pork steak without it getting soggy?

The others look at me confused by what I said, then I hear someone yelp in pain.

???: Let me go.

???: Told you they were real, what a freak.

The others turned, and I did as well.

Yang: That's just sad how people get away with that, right Y/N?

She looks at me, and I'm already gone. When they look towards the commotion, they see me walking towards the dirtbag pulling the girl's bunny ear.

Y/N: HEY ASSHOLE!!! Let the girl go.

???: Oh looky here, the new kid trying to be a hero. What you gonna do: blind me with your cape?

Y/N: Actually no... I'm just gonna gut you like I would the Fallen, and not even give you the common courtesy of giving you any morphine.