Chapter 23

Y/N POV

I woke up, and I looked to see Cinder in a beautiful lace nightgown. I kissed her cheek, and she smiled in her sleep. I slowly slipped out of her arms and replaced it with the pillow I slept on, and she nuzzled into it. I slipped out of the room, and walked towards my dorm. As I closed the door, a girl with green hair was standing there next to me.

Emerald: You look cute when you sleep.

I smirk and I hold her chin with my thumb, making her blush.

Y/N: And you look beautiful in that tank top~.

She blushed even more, trying to cover her cleavage playfully. I chuckled and I kissed her forehead.

Y/N: I would love to stick around, but I need to check on someone in medical.

I started to walk away, and I heard Emerald shouting.

Emerald: Who is it?

Y/N: The number one person I can't live without...

I kept walking, and disappeared around the corner.

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi hunter holding a balloon under a streetlight in the rain

I soon reached the medical wing, and I waited for some news about my sister. The same doctor who worked on her before came out.

Y/N: Please tell me there's good news...

Doktor: Vell... she's stable at ze moment... however... she vill not be able to vork in ze field for a vhile... I'm sorry meine freund... I vish zere vas more I could do...

Y/N: As long as she's still alive, that's fine by me... where is she?

Doktor: Recovery room four.

He pulled out some flowers behind his back.

Doktor: Don't vant you showing up empty handed for your lady.

Y/N: She's my sister... well, adoptive sister...

Doktor: You can't fool me, Guardian. I recognize zese kinds of things...

Y/N: Go tend to another patient.

He chuckled as I started to walk towards the room. After walking down a hallway for a while, I eventually reached the room. I knocked and slowly entered. The sight I saw still shook me every time I see it: my sister in a hospital bed with multiple IV drips. She soon turned her head towards me.

Jacklyn: Hey big brother...

Y/N: Hey sis... I got these for you.

I hold up the flowers and I put them in a vase. I fill it with water, and I pulled up a chair close to her.

Y/N: You really scared the hell out of me in that warehouse...

Jacklyn: I did just get cut in half. So, kind of expected.

I nodded, and I held her hand.

Jacklyn: Clingy much?

Y/N: I should've just taken the hit... maybe then, you wouldn't be in this bed...

She flicked my forehead, and I looked at her.

Jacklyn: Don't you dare say that around me... at least you managed to try and call it out. I wasn't paying attention to it, and I took the hit. You can't blame yourself for that. The only thing we can do is make sure that Uldren Sov dies...

I looked away from her, and I let a few tears slide down my cheeks.

Y/N: About that...

I looked back up at her, and I stared into her eyes.