Chapter 18 (Lemon)

Y/N POV

I can't believe this at all... Preator and Travis are alive... but how? I watched them die. I try to find a pulse under their armor. I find one of each, but it's weak. I lift them onto my shoulders, and I run towards the medical wing. As I'm running, I see a few medics along the way, and they join me. I kick the door open, and they bring two gurneys for them. They gently set Travis down on one, and I laid Preator on the other.

Y/N: Make sure they're in the same when you put them in recovery.

Medic: Understood.

I stay in the lobby as I get a call from Glynda.

Y/N: Hello?

Glynda: Why aren't you in class?

Y/N: I found my team...

Glynda: I know you're still in grieving from their deaths, but-

Y/N: I'm not grieving, Glynda... my team is in Remnant right now. They're in the medical wing.

Glynda: You're telling the truth on this?

Y/N: Yes, Glynda... I am.

Glynda: Very well... I'll refer to Ozpin and ask him to give you the day off.

Y/N: Thanks, sweetheart.

Glynda: N-not while I'm in class.

I can tell she's blushing because she stuttered. I hang up, and I just wait in the lobby for some form of news.

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi guardian holding a teddy bear

After waiting for hours, I hear my girlfriends walk into the medical wing. I flag them down, and they walked towards me.

Pyrrha: Ms. Goodwitch filled us in on what happened. I'm glad you got your team back, hun.

Y/N: That's if they make it...

As I finish that, a medic walks towards me.

Y/N: Unless it's good news, you best walk back through those doors...

Medic: Good news, actually. They had extensive wounds that we had to stitch, broke bones to mend, but they made it. Their operations were completely successful.

I breathe a sigh of relief as I collapse to my knees. I feel a pair of arms catch me, and bring me down gently, and I see Yang.

Yang: You okay?

Y/N: Yeah... I've been here for hours... so I'm a bit exhausted.

Medic: Take your time, son. They're both in recovery, win the same room like you requested. They should be awake if you wanna see them.

Y/N: Okay... but... what should I expect to see when I walk in there?

Medic: The male is gonna be in a full body cast due to complete skeletal damage, and the Miss is gonna be having arm casts, however there will be a lot of bandages from open wounds. Other than that, they're completely responsive and maybe eager to see their friend again.

Y/N: Thanks, doc.

I look towards my girlfriends, and they help stand me up.

Y/N: Can you ladies give me some time with them alone?

Yang: Of course.

Ruby: Whatever you need.

I soon find my feet, and I walk towards the room. I slowly open the door, and I can immediately feel my heart sink, but at the same time, I feel happy from seeing them again.