Chapter 27

A/N: If some parts get "updated," it's because I fix grammatical errors, and other things. Anyways, on with the story.

Y/N POV

I'm on watch as I glance down and see the others sleeping soundly.

Y/N: You know... I would give anything to make sure they were all safe... you know that, ghost?

My ghost materialized over my right shoulder.

Ghost: Indeed, Guardian. And whatever decisions you make, or whatever you choose to do, I will stand by your side, no matter what.

Y/N: Thanks, little man.

I look down the scope of my rifle, and I have an Ursa Major in my crosshairs. I slowly move the sight over the head.

Y/N: *whispering in an Australian accent* I'm gonna expose the inside of your head... all over four counties.

I pull the trigger, and the shot is silenced, barely stirring any other Grimm in the area. The Ursa looks just as the bullet makes contact with the beast, making the head explode, making slime spatter across the ground and the building. I sigh as my heartbeat slows down. The beast soon dissipates into smoke and ash. I hear steps approach me from the side, and lays down next to me.

Blake: I'm glad you came with me to Beacon.

I hear her slightly purring as she nuzzles into my shoulder. I smile, and pet her ears under her bow. She holds back a few meows because she didn't want to wake anyone else up.

Y/N: You know anything about spotting? I could use one.

Blake: Doesn't yours come with a range finder on its own?

Y/N: True, but it couldn't hurt to have another set of eyes on the field.

Blake sighs and sets up the spotting scope on a tripod.

Blake: Alright. I see two Beowulf about 300 yards away. 30 degrees to your left.

I make the adjustments needed, and I get them in my sights.

Y/N: I see them, my kitty cat.

She blushes when I say that, and kicks my hip. I chuckle slightly as I manage to kill them both with one shot.

Y/N: Two for one deal. I'll take it.

Blake: Nice kills. Next target... oh no...

Y/N: What?

Blake: There's White Fang here...

Y/N: What? You serious?

Blake: 20 degrees to your right, 350 yards away.

I aim, and I see two grunts.

Y/N: I see them...

Before I manage to reset the bolt to load another shot into the chamber, I feel Blake stop me.

Blake: Let's see where they go.

I nod, and I keep watching them. Sure enough, they enter a ruined building. I let out a breath as I sit up.

Y/N: Stay here, sweetheart. I'm going after them.

Blake: No don't... please don't...

Y/N: I have to... Uldren Sov might be there, and I can't take the chance of that son of a bitch being left to live.

Blake: *whisper yelling* AND I CAN'T LOSE THE MAN I LOVE TO DEATH!!!

Before she goes on, I put two fingers just above her chin under the corners of her mouth.