Chapter 20

Y/N POV

No doubt I've missed a lot of school, but fuck it, I have more important things to do. I didn't even bother checking my scroll to see how many messages and calls I've missed. I just sat with Salem, watching over her. I did however make sure I took a shower, and I ate. Immediately after I did, I would sit with Salem in my dorm, making sure she was okay. I checked my watch, and it said 1500. Must mean classes are over for the day. I soon heard footsteps down the hall, and judging by the pattern, I say at least three people walking. I soon heard a knock on my door.

Y/N: Enter...

I hear the door open, and I hear a familiar voice.

Ruby: I didn't see you in class... nor did I see you at lunch...

Y/N: I watch the lessons from my scroll... and I make my meals here...

Yang soon stepped in and saw my scroll, revealing all the missed calls and texts.

Yang: And yet, you have a ton of missed calls and texts.

Y/N: I don't respond to them because I'm watching over her...

Ruby: That doesn't mean that you have to miss everything...

I fell silent as Ruby said that. Soon, another pair of footsteps walked into the room, and I was almost shook.

Preator: I know you didn't miss classes to watch over Queen bitch here...

I quickly drew my Trust and aimed right for her while she pulled out her Shotgun. Ruby and Yang were immediately scared from what was about to happen.

Y/N: You know how I feel about people being called bitches...

Preator: And you know how I feel when I get scared worrying about you: I get pissed off. You can keep this going for as long as you want, but you need to get your shit together, now.

I looked my sister dead in the eyes, ready to pull the trigger. Yang and Ruby couldn't do anything due to them being paralyzed with fear. I breathed out angrily, and reset Trust. Preator holstered her shotgun, and I did the same with Trust.

Y/N: I'm sorry I made you guys worry... I just... I felt like I had to watch over her, okay?

Preator: I understand that, but you need to learn to back off sometimes... get your life together. I understand the feeling of needing to protect someone, but this... you need to learn to regulate how often you watch her...

I sighed, knowing she was right. An idea popped into my head, but I don't know how it would work... but I had to try.

Y/N: What if we did it in shifts?

Preator: How so?

Y/N: What if I did one day, regulated of course, and people alternate between days?

She looked at me like I was an idiot.

Y/N: Fine, ignore my ideas...

I walk out of the dorm room, and I looked back at her.

Y/N: Won't be the first time that happened.

I walked away from the dorm before she could say anything.

Ruby POV

My heart was still pounding from what just happened, but we managed to calm down. I looked at Preator, and I walked up to her.

Ruby: I know I haven't known you long, and I know you've known him longer, but he's got a very good idea. We can all take turns watching over Salem. He's dedicated to this just like he is with being with all of us...