Chapter 17

Y/N POV

I look out the window as I feel a familiar feeling from my world. My ghost materialized over my shoulder and looks out as well.

Ghost: You feel it too?

Y/N: Yeah... it has to be... Sov...

Ghost: The murderer of Cayde...

Y/N: You would think he died when that chick shot him... (spoiler alert if you haven't played Forsaken)

As I talk to my Ghost, RWBY walks in.

Ruby: Hey, babe~.

I maintain looking out the window, and Ruby walks closer to me.

Ruby: What's wrong, Y/N?

Y/N: That's something for another time... for now, I need you to promise me something...

Blake: Y/N, you're starting to scare us. What's going on?

Y/N: It's something I will have to deal with in the future... but I want all of you to promise me something... no matter what happens to me, you all remain together, no matter what...

Yang: Y/N, you have to tell us what's going on.

Y/N: Did I ever tell you about Cayde-6?

They looked at each other, and shook their heads.

Y/N: Cayde-6 was a Guardian like me... but not just any guardian. He was part of the Vanguard, like Zavala and Ikora. He was part of their fire team... until he was murdered in the Prison of Elders...

Flashback

Cayde-6: How's... how's my hair? Speechless, huh? Hey... when you see Zavala... tell him that... the vanguard... was the best bet... I ever... lost...

As he finishes that, his eyes dim, and his head falls to his side.

Present

Y/N: I thought the bastard that killed him was dead... but... I guess he somehow came back from the dead.

Weiss: Well... whoever this Uldren Sov is, we'll deal with him together... all of us. And we'll never leave your side.

As she says that, a tear streams down my cheek. Ruby's the first to notice, and she hugs me from the side. I wrap an arm around her, and ruffle her hair gently. I wipe it away, and I turn around.

Y/N: Thank you... for staying with me, all of you. You know, I just remembered something important...

Blake: What?

Y/N: I don't have a suit for the dance...

Yang: I volunteer to take him shopping.

Y/N: Oh, hell no. Last time you took me shopping, it was at a lingerie store.

Yang: I WANTED YOUR OPINION ON SOMETHING!!!

Y/N: You seduced me IN THE STORE!!

She blushed along with the others.

Y/N: I'm gonna find Coco... she knows the stores better.

I get dressed in some normal clothes, which were regular shoes, blue jeans, long sleeve shirt since it was cold, a buttoned outer shirt, and a jacket. I walked over to Velvet's dorm, and I knocked on the door. Coco is the one to answer, and she was in her bra and panties.

Coco: Can I help you~?

Y/N: Um... can you get dressed please? I need help finding a suit for the dance.