Chapter 6

Y/N POV

I slowly wake up from my slumber, and I look at Blake, snoozing away like a kitten. I rub her ears gently, earning a purr from her. I check the time, and it's 0645. Great, now I can practice while everyone is still asleep. I get dressed into my armor, and head out into the courtyard. I line up a bunch of targets for me to practice. I take out my bow, and I start taking them out with headshots. The arrows hit, and the explosive bolts detonate, destroying the targets. After that, I take out my Trust, and start taking out more targets. Once there was one target left, I use the Sleeper Simulant and blast a hole straight through the target, making it fade into embers. I slowly relax, and holster my weapons, breathing heavily as my ghost appears.

Ghost: You okay, guardian?

Y/N: I'm fine... just need to get back into the swing of things before I get to the initiation. I wanna be at the top of my game.

Ghost: Fair enough... and Guardian?

Y/N: Hmm?

Ghost: Take care of yourself out there. I can't bring you back once you die in the field.

Y/N: Don't you know who I am? I'm the hunter of Remnant. (Roll credits) I can't die yet until I see what this world has to offer.

Soon after my conversation with my ghost, I see some of the other students coming out, including Blake. She rushes over to me and tackles me to the ground, hugging me like she meant it.

Blake: Where were you? I was so worried about you... I thought you left me...

Y/N: I would never leave you, kitten. I was doing some target practice so I can be ready for the initiation today.

Blake seemed to relax a bit, and we both got up. Soon after, we were escorted to a cliff. I noticed a bunch of pads on the ground, and my first guess was they were launch pads. Ozpin started another boring speech about what we had to do, retrieving relics, killing Grimm, something about getting teams today, the usual boring parts. I see a few people get launched before me on my left. I at first start to get a bit nervous, but I felt Blake hold my hand, and my breathing slowed. I was soon launched, and I had to quickly find control of my descent. Once I found it, I used a Blake tactic, and tied a rope around my knife. I threw it at a branch, and started to swing around the branches of different trees. Once I had control, I let myself fall to the ground, skidding to a stop just before I reached a pack of Beowulf.

Y/N: Hey bitches, any of you seen some relics around here?

The Grimm started to growl at me, and charge at me.

Y/N: Okay, I guess I have to do this the hard way.

I pulled out my Trust, and started blasting away at the Grimm. Once the clip was empty, I pulled out my bow, and started taking out more of them. The explosive bolts provided excellent crowd control for the Grimm. When I stopped, the Grimm started to circle around me.

Y/N: You bitches think you got the drop on me, huh?

I looked at a tree, and then towards the Grimm.

Y/N: Well think again.

I quickly pull out Sleeper Simulant, and took aim at the tree. The rifle charged, and released towards the tree. The shot ricocheted, and bounced through the heads of the remaining Grimm. I blew the smoke out of the barrel, and put it on my back.

Y/N: And that's how you provide crowd control the badass way.

Ozpin POV

I glance over at Glynda's tablet, and she's watching the man with the cloak with great interest.

Glynda: He's a very skilled fighter, Ozpin. I haven't seen anyone like him before.

Ozpin: I don't think anyone has before... then again... I feel like he's not even of our world...

Y/N POV

I soon reached the ruins, and I found the relics. Some were already taken, but I found one that seemed... out of place. It looked like a shard, and I had my ghost scan it.

Ghost: Guardian... you're not gonna believe this...

Y/N: What is it?

My ghost turn and looks at me with the one eye, but I can tell it reads astonishment and curiosity.

Ghost: It's a shard of the Traveler.