Chapter 22

Y/N POV

I knew it was too good to be true for that bastard to be dead. But this time, I'm the one pulling the trigger. I put my bow away, and pulled out my Trust.

Y/N: Sis? How much wind is in this building?

Jacklyn: None, why?

I looked around, and I saw a bunch of different panels and pipes.

Y/N: And how many White Fang members do you see?

Zavala: I count at least 20.

Ikora: Make that 30.

I loaded Trust, and I smirked.

Y/N: Good to know.

I pulled out Sleeper Simulant and I shot at an angled panel, and I eliminated a third of the members.

Y/N: LIGHT THESE BASTARDS UP!!! ADAM AND SOV ARE MINE!!!

And on queue, the entire warehouse became a free fire zone. I focused my attention on Adam and Sov.

Sov: You're sure arrogant, aren't you? Far more arrogant than Cayde-6.

Y/N: I'm gonna shove my gun so far up your ass, you'll taste the sun.

Adam came in front of Sov and drew his sword.

Adam: You'll have to go through me, first.

I smirked as I triggered my Spectral Blades.

Y/N: Good luck trying to keep up.

I charged at him, remaining invisible, and I delivered a flurry of strikes at him. He managed to block some of them, but I kept going. I wanted this bastard dead for what he made Blake go through, and for all the graves he's filled. Adam eventually swung wide, and I dodged back. I saw his mask and cloak start to glow, and I knew it was bad.

Y/N: EVERYBODY DOWN!!!!

We all hit the deck just in time for Adam to swing at me, but it barely missed me.

Y/N: Missed me, you son of a bitch.

Adam: Who says I was aiming for you?

I grow a face of fear, and I look back. I see Jacklyn slowly dividing in the middle, and fall onto the ground. I look at Adam, and I feel my body start to heat up.

Y/N: Adam Taurus... you just murdered my sister who I loved to death... and now...

I reach up, and I feel a gun form in my hand. Adam instantly recoils from the heat radiating from me. The end of my cloak starts to burn.

Y/N: YOU WILL FACE THE WRATH OF A HUNTER!!!!

I shoot at Adam, and while he's able to deflect the bullet, the blade starts to crack. I kept unloading on him until there's one shot left. At that point, the blade breaks, and Adam kneels to the ground.

Adam: Who are you? WHO ARE YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH?!?!?

I walked up to him, and I aim at his forehead.

Y/N: I'm the man who kills monsters like you for a living.

I pull the trigger, and the bullet travels straight through his head, and hits Sov in the leg. I stand and watch as Adam fades away into ashes.

Sov: Well done, Guardian. But next time, you won't be so lucky.

He drops a smoke bomb, and escapes. I turn my attention back to my sister, and I rush over to her. She coughs up coolant, and I hold her hand.