Chapter 14

Y/N POV

After what happened yesterday, I needed a break from Beacon, so I went to a bar that Yang told me about. I soon reached the place, and right off the bat, I can tell this isn't the place to start a fight unless I have no choice. Ehhh... fuck it. I went through the doors, and the guards tried to stop me.

Guard: Sorry sir, we're currently under repairs. You need to leave.

I look at him, and I show a lot of lien that I managed to convert from glimmer. He looked at it, and pocketed half of it.

Guard: Go ahead then. Don't cause a mess, please.

Y/N: No promises...

I step on through, and the doors slowly open. I hear the music going crazy as the workers are busy repairing the joint. I walk over to the bar, and the bartender walks up to me.

Bartender: What can I get you?

Y/N: Cosmopolitan please... Junior.

He freezes as he pours my drink.

Y/N: My girlfriend told me about this place, and I can assure you I won't cause any trouble unless you start it.

Junior: Fair enough. So... what brings you down here?

Y/N: I needed to step away from things for a while. Last night wasn't very good to say the least.

Junior: Your girlfriend couldn't satisfy you?

I grab his collar, and pull him towards me.

Y/N: You talk shit about my girl, and I'll put a bullet in your head faster than you can say Remnant.

I let him go, and I take a sip of my drink. After a few minutes, I hear the doors open again, and I don't expect to see the person I'm seeing walk in.

Ikora: I'll have what he has, Junior.

Junior: You got it.

I sigh as I look at my drink.

Y/N: I never expected to see you here, Ikora. What brings you here?

Ikora: You weren't in your dorm, and the girls were getting worried about you.

Y/N: Well, you can tell them that I'm fine. I don't need a babysitter.

Ikora: Clearly...

Ikora gets her drink and downs half of it.

Y/N: You know, I'm perfectly fine, Ikora. I can take care of myself in case you didn't see me last night.

Ikora: All I got was an aftermath report. I didn't see you in combat. We're worried about you, Guardian.

Y/N: Well, you should've thought that when you didn't send help for Cayde-6 at the Prison of Elders...

I suddenly realize what I just said as Ikora looks disheartened by that. I pay for the drink, and walk out. Ikora follows me as well, and I don't look back.

Ikora: You're right, I didn't worry because Cayde was the best of us. If anyone could've done it, it was him. Cayde was the kind of vanguard that would never back out of a fight.

Y/N: Neither was I... and yet, here we are, fighting a force we can't see, waiting for shit to hit the fan and then almost all of us will end up paying the price.

I summon my sparrow, and speed off with tears in my eyes. I couldn't deal with Ikora while I was somewhat buzzed. I just sped off towards Beacon. I texted Glynda to be ready for me to spend the night, and she said okay. After a few minutes of flying to Beacon, I made it to the courtyard, with Glynda outside waiting for me. I walk over to her, and I wrap my arms around her in a warm embrace. She's somewhat surprised, but hugs me as well.

Glynda: Come on... let's get some sleep.

I nod, and I take her hand so she can lead the way. She leads me to her room, and I almost immediately flop onto the bed. She chuckles a bit as she starts to remove my armor and cloak. I didn't bother removing it since I was feeling depressed, and she knew it.

Glynda: Do you wanna talk about what happened today?

Y/N: No... I'd rather not. If anything, I wanna forget what happened today...

She nodded, and pulled out a bottle of clear liquid.

Y/N: Vodka?

Glynda: Even better.

She hands me a small glass, and pours it. I take a sip, and I almost end up coughing.

Y/N: Dear Oum... you could've told me that was moonshine.

Glynda: That's my secret for withstanding days that I wish I wasn't part of.

Y/N: Fair point.

I take another sip, and I almost gag from it.

Y/N: That's strongly distilled, you know that?

Glynda: That's the point.

She takes a sip, and almost gags as well.

Glynda: Still warms the soul from days like this.

Y/N: Yup...

We take a sip at the same time, and almost shudder from how hard that one hit us.

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi guardian drinking from a mason jar next to a chibi Glynda

After a few minutes, we both end up getting wasted.

Glynda: Hey Y/N~... anyone ever tell you that you have very pretty eyes~? *hic* the e/c is so... alluring~.

Y/N: You're the first person to tell me that~. *burps* I can't believe I was able to go out tonight after *burps* all that happened.

Glynda: Well, stay with me tonight~. I need the *hic* company~.

I nod, and I ended up crashing on top of her. Soon after, she too ends up falling asleep.