Chapter 28 (Prepare for sadness)

A/N: Hey guys and gals, it's ya boi. First, I wanna apologize for being late with updates. Ever since I started school this week that I'm writing this, I haven't had any time to write, and when I have, it's minimal. So, please bare with me while I try to get some chapters out to you all. Anyways, back to the story.

———————————————————————————

Blake POV

I'm in the train with my team, fighting off White Fang members.

Blake: Who knew you guys were so persistent?

Yang: Yeah, and a lot of them. Wonder if they know Adam's gone.

Weiss: Who cares? We need to stop this train.

Bang

I perk my ears up, and we all pause as Yang knocks out the last grunt.

Ruby: W-what was that?

Weiss: Sounded a lot like a gunshot.

Yang: And... towards the front... of the... train.

Blake: Y/N...

I run at full speed with my team behind me. As we enter the next car, I see a short girl with weird colored hair, and I remember she's the girl from the highway.

Blake: Neo, we don't have time to fight. We need to get to Y/N, now.

She grows a face of worry, and gestures to follow her. Reluctantly, we do follow. We soon reach the opening, and the sight before me puts me into shock. That pale bastard Uldren Sov, standing over my boyfriend, looking smug.

Sov: Don't worry... he did fight well... but he wasn't enough...

Bang

I look as a muzzle flash is seen behind him. I look, and it's Jacklyn.

Jacklyn: Nobody hurts my big brother and gets away with it.

She jumps into the air, and surrounds herself in electricity. She dives towards Sov, and spears him into the train. She unloads punch after punch into his face. What's left is her bloody hands and tears from her robotic eyes. I rush over to Y/N, and he looked so lifeless.

Blake: Y/N? Wake up, Y/N. WAKE UP!!!

I shake him, and he's not responding.

Jacklyn: Blake... I think he's gone...

Blake: NO!!! HE CAN'T BE GONE!!!

I hear metal groaning behind me, and Uldren stands up.

Uldren: Shame... if only he put up more of a fight...

He teleports away just before Ruby swings for his neck.

Weiss: Guys, we're nearing the end of the tunnel. Hang on.

Weiss summons an ice shield, and we get behind it. The train hits the exit, and I black out.

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi Blake in front of a casket with a Hunter logo

After we recovered, the city was swarmed with Grimm. We managed to eliminate them all, and Glynda sealed the hole.

Glynda: Congratulations on defending the city girls... Y/N was with you, wasn't he?

We all immediately fell silent as she asked that.

Glynda: Where is Y/N?

Weiss: Well...

Before Weiss could finish, Yang brings Y/N's body towards Glynda. I could tell she was in shock, and she fell to her knees.

Glynda: No... no no no no no...

Blake: I'm sorry... we weren't fast enough...

Neo stepped out from behind me, and kneeled before Glynda.

(Just so you know, whatever Neo says, until I make it otherwise, she's gonna speak in Sign.)

Neo: I'm truly sorry for Y/N's death... I met him when I bumped into him at an ice cream shop. If there's anything I can do to help you through this time... I will.

Glynda: Thank you...

We all began to shed tears for the loss of someone we truly loved. Soon, a bullhead came and picked us all up, and we carried his body. Jacklyn looked broken inside as well as pissed. None of us dared to speak. When we arrived at Beacon, every student was standing outside, forming a pathway. Even the teachers stood, and the other two Guardians. Yang was about to carry his body when I stopped her.

Blake: Let me...

She nodded, and I picked up his body. It hurt me seeing him like this, and even worse when I think back to when I first met him, and all the time we spent together. I cried as I carried his body inside. When I went into the auditorium, the others in his harem were standing on the stage, tears in their eyes as well. I placed him on a pedestal that was on the stage. Everyone slowly began to break down as a blanket was moved over him.

Cinder: Wait... remove his helmet please... I wanna see him... one more time...

The worker nodded, and removed his helmet. Ruby cried harder as she saw his face. I moved up to his face, and closed his eyes.

Blake: I'm gonna miss you... my reckless guardian...

I kissed his forehead, and the worker covered him up again.

Worker: I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Soon, Ozpin stepped onto the stage, and we remained in silence for a while, processing what happened.

Blake: You know... when I first met him, I thought he was trying to kill my family. But after getting to know him... I began to fall in love with him...

Ruby: He was always the best when he gave me cookies...

Weiss: I never got the chance to tell him what I really thought about him... even though I loved him, I never truly told him how I felt...

Yang: He always was the reckless idiot that we knew and loved... he was always headstrong about fighting his battles...

I looked at Jacklyn, who obviously took his death harder than we all thought as she was leaning against his body.

Glynda: Ladies... lets give her the room...

Soon, we all left, tears ever so present in our eyes.

Jacklyn POV

I never told him he was more than just a brother to me... and I should've been there with him before he died... I should've done something, but I didn't... instead, I let the brother I knew and loved die... and I couldn't save him in time...

Jacklyn: How long do you plan on staying dead, brother? I know you can hear me... HOW LONG?!?!? WAKE UP, Y/N!!!! WAKE UP, YOU SELFISH BASTARD!!! Wake...

I began to break down crying against his body. I couldn't stand the thought of losing my only brother...

Timeskip brought to you by a chibi hunter funeral

??? POV

I watched from afar, witnessing a funeral for a closed casket. I watched as some faces said a few words, even some I recognized. Soon, I hear static noise behind me.

???: Is this the only way you see things being done efficiently?

???: Yes... I had to do it.

???: No, you really didn't, but you did. You know they're gonna try to find you.

???: Well, when they do, I'll do whatever it is they want.

I walked away as a purple ball looked at me.

???: Well... if you're going after Uldren, you better take me with you... Guardian.