Chapter 21

Y/N POV

I'm outside, wearing only my combat pants and boots, leaving my arms and torso exposed. I didn't care who looked at me, I needed to focus on getting myself into shape. While a circle is a shape, I'm not up for letting myself go. I was in the middle of hanging from a tree, and doing sit-ups (if there's a proper term, comment please). My core was burning, but I told myself it was all in my mind. I kept going until I saw a familiar pale face looking at me.

Y/N: You know, I swear you just enjoy watching me workout.

Salem smirked as I said that, and put a hand to her cheek.

Salem: Well, momma does like what she sees~.

I smirk, and I let myself drop. I did half a backflip, and I landed on my feet. Afterwards, I dropped straight to the ground, and did pushups.

Y/N: Sit on my back, please. I need something to weigh me down.

Salem: If you dare mention a comment about me having to lose weight, I will unleash an Ursa Major on you.

I nodded, and she sat on my back. She had a very plump ass, but I didn't comment as I did my reps.

Salem: I didn't know you took your athleticism seriously.

Y/N: Where I'm from... if you sit by and do nothing, you get soft. You get soft...

I pat her leg, and she gets off of me. I roll onto my back, and I kick myself up.

Y/N: Cabal will shit you out dead with zero warning. (Cookies to the first person to get the reference.)

She tilted her head in confusion.

Y/N: The cabal are a tough enemy I had to face on Mars... they had the balls to attack the Last City, and needless to say they went through hell for nothing.

My ghost appears and shows what I meant. He shows photos of the Cabal.

Salem: Ugly-looking ones, aren't they?

Y/N: And yet, you made a Kong (or whatever the ape Grimm is) looking like he went through facial surgery with a blender.

She snickers at that.

Salem: Touché.

Y/N: Exactly. So... you lived thousands of years, huh? I haven't lived into my [random age here] yet. How is it you maintain your beauty?

She blushed a bit when I said that.

Salem: It's a curse... I was cursed with immortality, and when I wanted to end it, I ventured to the dark world... and threw myself into the pit of darkness... it didn't kill me, unfortunately... and now I'm stuck looking like a monster...

She looked down and held her arm. I could tell she was feeling insecure, so I walked up to her and I held her hand. She then looked at me, and I looked into her eyes.

Y/N: We all have our monsters, Salem. But in my experience...

I laid my hand on her cheek, and even though she flinches slightly, she leaned back into my hand.

Y/N: It takes a special person to see past our ugliness to find the beauty on the inside. Where someone sees you as a terrible person... I see a woman who was never given a chance at love...

I see her start to tear up and I wiped them away. She couldn't help but sob, and I held her into my chest as I let her cry. I kept rubbing her back, letting her know she wasn't alone. She soon fell asleep in my arms, and I picked her up bridal style. I could see she had a slight smile on her face, and I smiled as well. I carried her back to my dorm, and to my surprise, my sister Jacklyn was there waiting for me.