Sunday Morning

I lay contently in bed, slowly waking up to the sound of the rain against his--well, our bedroom window. It's officially been a month since I moved in with Kevin and we're still trying to figure out this whole living together thing. Sometimes he wakes me up early in the morning when he goes for his daily jog around the neighborhood and other times it's me waking him up with my nightly trips to the kitchen for a midnight snack.

As the days pass we come to find somewhat of a balance and adjust to our different schedules. Every once in a while we have a lazy day where just lay in bed for awhile longer and rest our bones.

It's never planned, we just know when we need it.

My eyes open to Kevin's smoldering green eyes starring  back at me, a grin slowly spreads across his face. He wraps his arms around me and whispers "You stole the covers again last night".

The rain falls a little harder. I stretch and snuggle into Kevin beginning to apologize for my possessiveness "Sorry baby, you know I hate being cold" I run my fingers through his dark hair "I guess subconsciously I want to give you a reason to hold me in your arms. But seriously though just snatch them from me the next time I do it".

He debates over the last thing I said and laughs "So your freezing me on purpose?" Now he starts kissing my forehead gently. "Maybe..." I coo softly before pulling away from him and wrapping up in the comforter.

"Oh your not going anywhere!!" he pounces and wiggles his way into the cocoon of warmth, positioning himself first at the side of me staring to trace his fingers gingerly up my body leaving butterfly kisses over passed spots.

Outside the wind causes the small trees to tap against the window. The slight showers have sputtered out leaving only the wind and birds to fill the comforting silence.