Lucky

"Lucky's" Pov

"Wake up!!!"

"Ughh three more minutes.." I groan

"Three more minutes? I've literally been knocking at your damn door for the past THIRTY minutes!" My assistant took a breath and calmly said "Listen, the Glam Squad is here and you need to be at your album photoshoot in two measly hours."

"Fine. I swear if you weren't my cousin I'd fire your ass."

"Love you too!"

I laugh.

After a hurried forty-five minutes to make me look presentable enough, I arrived at my shoot. Before the real "fun" began...

I look for a while in the vanity's mirror, amazed at the work my g-squad did to my previously puffy and bare face.

The hairstylist arrived and we shared some small talk before the photographer greeted me with an air kiss per cheek. 

She walked behind me and started touching my hair "I was thinking of a smooth, sleek look.. Straighten it ."

I spun around in my chair "Whoa.. Whoa.. Whoa.. The whole point of my new album is showing off a more natural side of me. My hair stays the same."

She scrunched up her face "Really? I mean you already have make up on.. How natural is that?"

I narrowed my eyes "You know what I mean. My hair stays curly or I'm canceling the whole shoot."

Without another word she stormed off.

My cousin/assistant widened her eyes and quickly sat down beside me "Way to go Diva."

"Jill, stop. You of all people know I'm not a diva, I just really want to show a different side of me, a realer side of me.. It's really important for me to do this. Now tell me the truth, do you think he'll be able to to do my hair." I motion my head slightly towards my hairstylist.

She winced "Maybe.."

I dropped my head "I'm soooo going to be bald after this."

*****************

"So, do you miss.. I don't really know how to put this.."

"Normal. Do I miss being normal."

Jill snapped her fingers "Yes that!"

I look out the cars tinted window and sigh "In a way.. Yes, I miss it so much to be able to just walk down the street, sleep-in or to not worry if my new image is going to appeal to my audience." I pause for a moment "..but then I have to remember how lucky I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful, but if I could do this whole thing over.. I would."

Jill nodded and then smiled "I know how to cheer you up."

"Cuz, I don't need any cheering up"

"Oh yeah? Joe, can you take us to McDonald's?"

I laugh "Really? McDonald's"

"Don't laugh, I know you want to see that cute guy that works the Drive-Thru.. Now let me see, what was his name? JT? JC? CJ?"

I blush "AJ.."

Jill and I having been doing this thing every once and awhile where we go to McDonalds just to see AJ, but technically he's only seen my driver Joe and heard our voices, but he does know Jill's name. I mean a tinted Escalade isn't the most low profile vehicle, but it serves it's purpose. We mainly order food and I awkwardly flirt with him. 

Yeah, I know. I know.

"Well if it isn't the mystery girls and Joe."

"Hey AJ" the two us said in sync, while I can only image the distain on Joe's face.

We got our food and were promptly taken back to my home.

As we ate I noticed something written on the receipt.. 

 "Jill's friend.. Do you wanna go on a date?"

I nearly choke on my spicy ass Sprite.

Jill looked at me sternly "No. You don't know him."

I sighed "Okay.. I see your point, but to be fair he doesn't know me either." 

She rolled her eyes "Aren't you supposed to be dating some random dreamboat pop singer guy right now?"

I put up my index finger "Not exactly, we've been linked together ever since we were seen leaving the same club at the same time. Publicity stunt."

"Same difference."

"Jill, just one date.. Better yet, the next time we go to McDonald's I'll just roll down my window a little so he can kind of see me."

She sighed and rubbed her temples "Your manager is going to kill me.."

"So.. Is that a yes?"

She nodded.

"Yeee, thank you so much!!"

******************

A month passes before the next time we take a trip to Micky D's..

Between choosing my album cover, discussions on promo and touring.. It's sort of been the last thing on my mind. As much as my personal life seems to be in the tabloids, I don't really get the chance to enjoy it. 

As we drive up my stomach is practically in knots, every possible scenario is playing in my head and I'm not entirely sure if I want to go through with this anymore...

AJ's Pov

"So what you're saying is you've been flirting with a faceless voice and finally got the nerve to ask her out?" 

"Correct."

"J.. What the hell?"

"Howie, don't start.."

He set aside his broom and placed his hand on my shoulder "You don't know her! You don't even know her name! While this isn't the strangest thing you've done, it's the most reckless, well not really.. Just know you've done a lot of things and this is definitely on "the Most Careless" list."

"Noted, but I mean what's the worst that could happen?"

I went back to taking orders and hoped the next person would be her, whoever she is..

My manager called out "Hey AJ! We need help up front, tell Howie to take your spot for the rest of his shift."

Shit. 

Well it has been a month, one time won't hurt.. 

"Howard! Drive-Thru."

He flung his dusty broom to the side. "Coming!"

I handed him my headset and walked up front.

"Lucky's" Pov

When we ordered I heard a different person take our order and instantly I was both relieved and disappointed.

Damn. I mean I could leave this complete stranger with a message for AJ or just wait another month or two.. Maybe this was a sign.

*************************

Hope you enjoyed!

Would anyone be interested in a continuation of this? 

Lmk in the comments!

Much Love

-AJ