Goodnight

After a late shift at work, I walk into the house tired and ready to go to bed.

The house is mostly dark except for the small beams of light coming from the blinds in the wind.

A big enough sliver of the moon lights my path.

I navigate through the darkness stopping at the kitchen to grab a quick snack and then to the bedroom.

Once I open the door, I can see my loving and sleepy boyfriend sleeping.

His hair free from any gel and ruffled by his turning in the night. Sleeping peacefully on his side wrapped in the warm comforter, well except for his right foot sticking out.

I'm too paranoid to do that, I'd seen way too many horror movies with Nick and AJ to trust this position.

I laugh to myself and try my best to not wake Howie up.

I look back over to see him bordeline face down into his pillow at this point. Hearing his soft sighs in his sleep.

How'd I ever get this lucky?

Again I navigate through the dark at the aid of the moon I lay my snack down on the nightstand.

Quickly I grab my pajamas and head for the shower.

I wash away the stress and sweat of today and lather up with the scents of lavender and honey.

After a well deserved moment of relaxation and self care. I leave the bathroom and hang up my work clothes for tomorrow and get ready for bed.

I wrap my hair and put on my bonnet. I think about the first time Howie saw me with it on, him asking why I'm wearing it and me explaining that it keeps my hair moisturized.

Due to our conflicting schedules I don't get to hear his cute little woos and ahhs when I do this.

I settle into bed and roll on my side trying to drift off into sleep.

Within seconds I feel a strong pair of arms around me. Not holding me too tight, just enough for me to know that he's there.

"Goodnight baby" I say as I turn to lay my head on his bare chest.

He softly mumbles a "Goodnight sweetheart" and kisses my forehead.