Friday

I frown behind the camera "So, like can you ever take a normal picture?"

"Nope."

"Brian, please. I need to get this turned in before 5."

"Well what time is it now?"

"4:30.."

"Sorry. Okay how's this." He spoke through closed teeth.

"That works." I snap the picture and sigh in relief.

"Thanks Bri."

"No problem. Hey me and the guys were going have something at my Cousin Kevin's house on Friday. I was wondering if you wanted to come, if you weren't doing anything."

I get butterflies in my stomach "Yeah, sure I'll come. My schedules pretty clear this Friday."

"Cool, do you have a ride?"

"Yeah, as long as it's cool if I bring a friend?"

Brian nods and says "That's totally fine does he.."

"She." I swiftly correct him.

He smiles wider "Perfect! Okay well, see you there I'll text you the directions later on tonight."

"Cool, I'll give you my number."

I shift my weight and set the camera down on the cafe table and out my phone. We quickly exchange numbers and my heart skips a beat when I sneak a peek at what emoji he put by my name.

Brian shifts his backpack onto his shoulder "Alrighty, see then."

I smile "See ya."

**********
"A heart?" My friend Kelly asked.

"A heart!! I swear I saw it with my own eyes sis, he used an emoji!"

I stand in a mall dressing room, trying to put on the second outfit I picked out for the party.

I further explain "I mean to be fair that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but still..."

"He likes you." Kelly says matter-a factly. "So, is Kevin with anyone?"

I turn around to face the mirror, it's cute but maybe too much for a kick back.

"I'm not sure, I don't really know him that well. You'll find out at the party or you can..."

She finishes my statement "Stalk him on social media..."

"Yep. Just don't get caught like last time."

Well hopefully third times the charm, I try on the other outfit as Kelly goes to find her own. I take a few moments to look myself over.. I actually like this one.

"Nice."

"Finally like one?"

"Yeah."

"Let me see."

I step out of the small dressing room and do a quick spin.

"This is how you're gonna catch your man."

**********

"Hold still, just one more.. Okay there ya go." Kelly whirled my chair around to face my mirror.

"Soo what do you think?" She beamed with pride.

"I love it!" I moved a few rogue strands of hair from my face

"I know you're not such of a makeup person so I went with something natural. Like you're not wearing it, but you are."

"Thanks Kel, seriously. Is Michelle coming, I know B is at rehearsals so that's a "No" for her."