Barista Boy

"He's looking at you again.."

"Who?" I say without looking up from my laptop.

"You already know." 

I could practically feel Alecia rolling her eyes towards his direction.

I smirked "Barista Boy?"

She sucked her teeth "Yes, Barista Boy."

"How come you don't like him Leica?" I laughed.

While I don't know him personally, he always seemed nice to everyone, even the rude customers and he sure is easy on the eyes. After a few more key strokes I took a well earned sip of coffee..

"Well for starters he's constantly flirting with you, through a coffee cup." she pointed to the corny pick up line next to my name "... and not to mention he's nosing in on my plan."

I sighed "No offense, but I really don't feel like being set up on a blind date, again.. The last guy left me with the check and didn't even bother with pleasantries.. Plus I think the little pick up lines are kind of cute."

"Yeah.. I'm really sorry about that guy, I had no clue he'd do that. I swear this guy his perfect! He's just got out of a relationship, but is ready to mingle again."

I nodded "I know, thanks anyway, but you do understand my hesitation right? You sure he's ready to date again?"

She nodded. "Absolutely! Crap! our break's just about up, ready?"

"Yep!" I closed my laptop and packed it away into my bag, while my other hand I grabbed the coffee cup.

As we walked out of the coffee shop we said "Bye" to Barista Boy, who simply smiled and waved in response.

*********

I stood outside the movie theater waiting for my mystery man with Alecia and her boyfriend Carey at my side.

I sighed and checked my phone "He's twenty minutes late, Lecia."

"Give him some time, he'll be here soon, I swear."

Sure enough, a guy with dyed red hair walked up to us with a small bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"Hey! I'm sorry, I know I'm super late, but I had to get you these." He handed me the assorted flowers..

"Thanks" I smiled.

"You're more than welcome, I'm Joey."

After that night, Joey and I kept in contact and had several day-dates, but our schedules made it somewhat difficult to have a real date. He was hilarious, handsome and a total sweetheart.. I couldn't get him out of my head, but in the back of my mind there was one guy I just couldn't shake off.

Barista Boy.

Lecia and I called him that, because he hardly ever wore a name tag, and whenever he did it had "Frick" or "Rok" written on it. The two of us doubted that either one of those could be his government name so, we just started calling him Barista Boy or BB and it stuck. While on a day-date with Joey at Friendly's my jaw almost dropped to the floor, when I saw BB walk in with a random blonde on his arm. As I silently prayed for them to be seated on the complete opposite side of the restaurant our waiter came back with our orders. We thanked him and as he turned to leave, I noticed BB and the girl walking the further away from us..

"Thank God."  I mumbled.

"Right! I was starving." Joey laughed.

"I-.. Exactly, can't wait." I picked up my spoon and dug in.