Surprise

Holding onto his hand tightly, I walk along completely blind folded. I grow anxious with every step. I ask "Alex, where are you taking me?"

No answer from him, just a stifled laugh.

"This isn't funny mister."

After I trip for what seemed to be the fifteenth time I stop and put my hands on my hips.

"Seriously, where are we?"

He sighs "Babe it's a surprise and we're almost there anyway. Just trust me you'll love it."

AJ kisses me on the cheek and we continue the rest of our journey.

*************

At some point the ground beneath me no longer felt like a path of tangled roots and was finally soft and grassy.

He stops and says "Okay we're here."

"Uhhh.. I can't see babe." I wave my hand in front of my eyes for added effect.

"Oh yeah, my bad."

He moves behind me to remove the blindfold.

"Ta da!!" He sing-songs

I look around and see a set up gingham blanket with a picnic basket.

"AJ you didn't." I smile and throw my arms around him.

Between sentences I smother him with kisses as he tries to speak "Yeah.. When we were watching that movie.. You said you never picniced before.. So here we are."

"This is the sweetest thing ever!"

"See, I'm a nice guy." He sits down and takes my hand to help me be seated as well.

I take his face in one hand and kiss his cheek "Babe I never said you weren't."

He takes his shades off "I know, just sometimes I don't feel like I am."

He leans back and rests on his stretched arms.

I scoot closer and place my legs over his then I lay my head on his shoulder.

"How long did it take you to find this spot?"

AJ looks out to the perfect view of sunset and trees "Mhm, not that long. I knew what I was looking for so I keep walking until I found it."

He then looked over at me "I tried to find the perfect spot where the sun would always be either in front of or behind you."

I lift an eyebrow "Why?"

"Because, if it's behind you, if I just so happen to look the right time, you'll have a halo. You'll look like the angel that I know you are."

He moves a piece of hair out of my face and kisses me.

"Like right now. If the sun is in front of you, it only emphasizes the fact that you are truly the light of my life."