The Roof

Go out and have fun they said..

Forget about him. Enjoy yourself they said...

You still have your youth, live life.

Yet here I am bored out of my skull at a hoity toity Hollywood party.

I've been waiting for my friend to come back with our drinks for nearly half an hour.

It wasn't too long before she let me know that she's fine and just dancing the night away with some wannabe model.

At least she's living her best life.

Maybe I should have just stayed home..

Feeling catastrophic I decide to go out on the rooftop and try to gather my thoughts.

I figured that I was going to catch my death with a dress this short, but it's surprisingly warm this November.

I walk over to the edge and take in the views of the city.

Bright.

The crisp air around whirls around rustling some palms.

This is probably the only thing that's comforted me at all tonight. For once I feel like I can breathe.

I know that I should be having fun, but I just can't get over the pain.

I look up at the stars and carefully watch the moon. Hoping to just forget everything that's happened within the last month.

I sit down dwelling in the mist and continue to look over the busy streets and boulevards still bustling.

Knowing full and well my hair is going to be ruined when it finally rains.

I'd been so self involved that I hadn't noticed someone else is on the rooftop.

It's a man, but I can't see his face since his back is towards me.

I just can't help, but look at him wondering what he might look like.

The most interesting event of the night is me not being able to turn away from some guy and staring him down.

As crazy as it sounds I feel like I just have to see his face to feel alive again.

Probably sensing my eyes on him he turns around slightly.

My pounding heart skips a beat and I'm in a trance.

I can't turn away.

He casually walks over to me.

"Hey"

"Hi."

He sits near me and I'm able to see his face better.

We made basic conversation, but I was stuck on his every word.

Brian.

We began drinking a bottle of Moet that was left behind by a fellow party goer.

With every glass I inched closer to him until I was in his arms.

Patiently waiting for him to kiss me and melt away all of my sorrow.

"Is is alright if I kiss you?"

I nod.

Our lips touch as the rain began to fall.