R.E.M

"Last night boy I met you
Yeah, when I was sleeping
You're such a dream to me
And it was on a day like this.."

As I get ready for bed I think to myself.. I wish I could meet the man of my dreams.. In my dreams.

Wouldn't that be nice?

******

After some fierce tossing and turning, I decide to just get up and walk around the apartment for a while till I felt tired enough to try this all over again. I open my eyes and see the red numbers on my alarm clock appear blurry, I blink and they scramble into gibberish.

I sit up and rub my eyes and the alarm clock disappeared "What the hell?"

As I go to get out of bed, I notice the floor is gone.. I catch myself in time before falling, the floor is replaced with a black void like surface. Out of sheer curiosity I throw a pillow down into the darkness and see it be completely engulfed, leaving behind a puff of lavender smoke.. The smoke itself starts to fill up my room and slowly makes it's way to me.

"Oh hell no!"

I pull my covers over my face and pray it passes right by me, I stay this way for I don't know how long, probably an hour.. I decide to peek through the covers and see where the lavender smoke is, instantly I regretted that decision. Within seconds I'm knocked out.

When I open my eyes, I realized I'm no longer in my room. Cautiously I get up and walk around and observe my new surroundings, purple and fluffy.

My pajamas had been replaced with a lilac halter dress and my hair that was securely in my bonnet, was now out and had flowers delicately placed in it. I ventured off into unknown territory for what felt like hours.. It would be many miles before I saw more than just fluffy purple clouds.

Once I saw a large tree and a lake I ran towards this area hoping someone would be there.. Sadly, I realized I was alone. I sat down to gather my thoughts my scattered. I looked into the mirror like water, but saw only a blurry reflection.. Though the closer I got to it the clearer my face became..

I leaned in too close and fell into the lake, I tried to keep my head above water, but realized I was starting to sink "Help! Help! Help!"

Deeper and deeper I sank into the water, until I just stayed still, frozen and opened my eyes.. While I was trying to stay conscious I saw a hand reaching out to me from the other side, without hesitation I grabbed onto the hand and was pulled through.

I heard an unfamiliar voice ask me "Hey, are you okay?!"

"I.. I have no clue what's going on, but I think that I'm asleep." I held my hand over my eyes, afraid to see what new fresh hell I was subjected to..

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, it's... It's hard to explain, I don't remember much right now and I--" I look up and see the man of my dreams sitting right by my side. Instead of finishing my sentence I froze and just looked at him before asking.. "Did you pull me out of the lake?"

He looked genuinely perplexed at my question "What lake? Darlin' did you hit your head on anything?"

I sat up "No I fell into that lake over there- Oh my God.."

The two of us were sitting in a field of violets, while the sky seemed to be a permanent Aurora Borealis.

The guy stood up and helped me onto my feet "I think we need to get you to a doctor."

"I'm fine, I swear.. I just need to sit down and figure out how I got here."

He sighed "Well, if it helps I was just walking through and I saw you laying on the ground and figured something wasn't right.. By the way my name's Kevin."

I thought to myself.. Who saved me? Or.. At this point what saved me?

I look over and Kevin and can't help, but melt.. Instead of lilac or lavender, he was wearing all black. Between my being head over heels for this man, I'm scared shitless. I don't know where I am, I don't know how to get back. All I want to do is wake up!

This goes to show you, be careful what you wish for..

******

"Listen, my truck is right over there.." Kevin pointed "I'll just take you into town and see if someone more equipped can help you out.. Is that okay?"

I looked and sure enough it was, I weighed my options.. I mean it is a dream, I'll probably just wake up along the way. I turned back to him and nodded.

I'd spent the better part of a thirty minute drive explaining what happened.

"So, purple smoke transported you here?"

"Well to the first place and the through a lake to get here."

His voice cracked "Okay.."

I couldn't stop sneaking looks at him.. I can't believe I'm here with him, but ugh why does it have to be under these circumstances?

I wonder if he's single? I mean technically I can't really date him, but it's good to know..

"My friend, well cousin Brian should be able to help you if some of this out.. While this whole thing seems strange something like this happened before."

Kevin tried to give me a reassuring smile, but I could tell what happened before probably didn't end well..

"We're here." He had pulled up to a library that could've moonlighted as a castle.

"Wow.. Is everything here, whimsical like this?"

He unbuckled his seatbelt "Yeah, everything but me."

He got out and walked over to open the door for me.

"Thank you." I looked into his eyes and felt my heart flutter.

Keep it together girl!

"No problem, Darlin."

Ugh there it goes again..

We walked in and was amazed by the collection.. It was long winding rows of books, scrolls and sacred works. I was sure any minute now a talking owl or an Old Sage would pop out and tell me the history of the town.

"Hey cuz! Long time no see." A blond guy came around the corner, pushing a rolling ladder.

Close enough.

"Hey Brian, this is my new friend.. She seems to be lost."

"Hi." I introduced myself, then Brian walked over and shook my hand.

"Please, I need your help."

Brian nodded "Of course I'll help, what's wrong?"

"I can't wake up. I'm trapped in a dream."

His jovial smiled was replaced with deep concern.

Kevin cleared his throat "Purple smoke.."

"This bad, this is really, really bad." Brian ran a hand through his hair.

I started to tremble "What?"

Kevin put his arm over my shoulder to steady me.

"...But, if things progress slowly over time, there's a 7.5/10 chance you'll get back to your realm."

I had so many thoughts running through my head "7.5? Realm? What do you mean by slowly over time?"

Brian sighed "It's a very peculiar situation that you're in, it'll be risky.. You'll have to stay here for a while, attempting to awake at this point would be.. Fatal."

I didn't know how to respond. I couldn't.

Kevin turned me to face him "Are you willing to stay and save your life?"

I nodded.

Brian clasped his hands together "I'll contact all the doctors and mystics I know personally.. Until then, I hope you enjoy your stay in Aurora Falls."

***********

Hope you enjoyed!!

Would anyone like a part 2 of this story?

Much Love,
-AJ