Vision Of Love

"Okay, okay so which one is this?"

My friend paused the music video and pointed to a wet, scantily clothed Kevin Richardson in a pastel outfit.

I sighed "Mimi, for the last time that's Kevin.. Brian's cousin."

She pointed to a closed shirt B-Rok "This other blonde one?"

"Yes."

She scrunched up her nose "You don't have to be so testy.. I don't know all about the Boys like you do."

"I know, I know.. But soon you will. Soon, you will."

She laughed "Okay, one last time! That's.. AJ, Kevin, Brian, Nick and ummm.."

Mimi began to snap her fingers for added effect.

"Howie. That's Howie."

She bonked her forehead "Yeah! Howie.. I keep forgetting about him."

I dramatically sigh in defeat..

"I know he's you're favorite, girl."

All I did was nod.

I perked up within a split second "Ooo my favorite part!"

Mimi rolled her eyes "Oh Lord..."

I sat myself right in front of the tv, completely mesmerized by Howie's over the top body rolling.

"You know you can really mess up your eyesight doing that!!"

I waved her off "Yeah, yeah, yeah.. All I know is I'm having a Vision of Love.."

"I knew you were going to say that."

*******
A week later and I turned my bestie into a BSB stan. Last night we'd stayed up all night binging music videos and live performances. I'm still laying in bed trying to recover. Not ready to get out, but feeling guilty for not being as productive as I could be. Five more minutes is all I need and I'll be ready to start my day. Plus I'm sure Mimi's still asleep..

Within seconds of that thought she ran into my room yelling "The tickets are on sale!!!"

My brain was still pretty foggy "The what?"

"Backstreet Boy tickets! They're on sale! Now!"

Once this registered in my mind, I sprang out of bed and grabbed my phone in record time.

"Since when?"

She shrugged "I'm not sure, this Kev centered ig page posted it not too long ago.."

Mimi began to scroll and I began to look for the coveted tickets..

I sighed "Well, we missed them. They're full price now."

I handed her my phone in disappoint.

Mimi offered "The prices aren't that bad.."

I fake pouted "Says you.. I probably would've missed all the good seats anyway."

"Don't say that. Look, I know you're birthdays coming up and all.. Consider this an early present."

She didn't say what she was going to do, because she knew I wouldn't accept it.

"Mariah.."

"Shut up and accept my gift!"

I put my hands up in defense "Alright, alright.. Thank you so much, I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am."

*******

The two of us waited until the Boys finally made it to our city. I was in charge of coordinating outfits and general planning. Mariah had insisted on keeping track of the tickets. She avoided any mentioning of the grand total in an attempt to prevent me from paying her back.