Time Pt. 1 (maybe)

I walk down, well practically run down to get to my dress fitting. I feverishly text my bridesmaids that I'm on my way, without looking I bump into a random person and quickly apologize. I look up out of habit and almost drop my phone.

"Howie?"

He smile "Hey, how's it going?"

Still fluttered " Pr-Pretty good. What about you?"

He nods "About the same. Where you headed to?"

Shit. I mean, things aren't awkward between us.. I just don't want to tell him that I'm headed to get fitted for my wedding dress..

"Uhh, to a dress shop to, uh get fitted for my wedding dress.."

Redundant much?

His eyes go wild for a split second "That's amazing! Congratulations! Sooo who's the lucky fella?"

That went better than I thought "You probably don't know him, Simon Webbe"

He faked gasped "From Blue? It's the accent isn't it?"

"Whatever Howie." I laugh

He gives me a quick hug "Well I won't hold up any longer, hope you get everything you wanted."

"Thank you."

I let go fast, seeing as hold on a little bit longer than I should...

"See ya around." He walks off.

"See ya."

**********
"Hey, honey how'd it go?" Simon sits in his office chair.

"Really good, I was kinda nervous it wouldn't fit it's a few months since I tried it on."

I sit down on the Ottoman next to the window. Instantly I think about Howie.. He seemed genuinely surprised for a second when I told him. I meant to ask about his relationship status... Not to be that person, but just incase if I send an invite and if he needed a plus one or if he already had one.. Would it be weird if I invited him?

"Babe, did you hear me?"

"No sorry, I was thinking about.. Flower arrangements, last minute details, you know.."

"Yeah, sure. I was saying that you have absolutely nothing to worry about with the dress. You're in excellent shape."

He walks over and wraps his arms around me..

"Baby.."

He looks at me "Honey, I mean it.. You're perfect."

He kisses me deeply. I'm hit with a twinge of guilt for thinking about Howie. Even though nothing happened, I ran into an Ex and felt absolutely nothing....

******
Later that night I cave into my irrational thoughts and look for Howie on Instagram, I found him easily. As I begin to "creep" I see that he's following Simon.. Not really sus or anything like that they probably follow mutual people, but I don't think he was following him before.

I scroll through and see family, friends and food posts. I'm trying to if he's tagged a potential girlfriend and then...

"Well, there she is." I cover my mouth, Simon's in bed beside me asleep and I'm not trying to wake him up with this foolishness.

I look at her and check the date on the picture.. She's really pretty and it's recent. Should I send an invitation? I mean we were good friends before and even after dating, but kind of just drifted apart.

I feel Simon shift in the bed, I freaked and turned the brightness down.

"Honey, you okay? Why are you up so late?" He snuggles into my side.