5:19

Kevin's Pov

I've been looking forward to this all week. Well, for the past month. I stand nervously counting the moments until my girlfriend comes, I don't really know if we're still together... Just another reason for me to be jittery about meeting up with her.

She said she needed some space to figure somethings out and I was willing to give her all the space she needed. I would be right here waiting for her. All I wanted was to be with her... Even if that meant being apart, I wanted this to work. At times I would be doing okay for a while without her, that is until loneliness set in and all the air around me vanished. When the emptiness went away I was able to breathe again.

I checked my phone one more time. Damn phantom rings making me look crazy, it doesn't help that I'm just standing outside some cafe, loitering. As it gets closer to our meet up time I begin to worry if she's actually going to come.. What if she does and we break up?

I was doing fine giving her the time and space she needed until yesterday.. I just couldn't stand if anymore, I had to talk to her. At 5:19 pm I broke down and called her up. She agreed to meet up at this cafe where I know I'm going to get banned from unless she shows up in the next five minutes.

I feel my pocket vibrate and my pulse races.

Girlfriend Pov

I wanted him back and I didn't know how much longer I could've stood being apart. I felt like we were moving too fast and I needed to think some things through. My heart almost leaped out of my chest when he called me yesterday.

I figured he hated me or something...

I flaked on him.

I jumped at the chance of meeting up with him, there's so much that I have to say. I hope he's willing to hear me out, Kevin's a fair and understanding man.. I didn't think I was ready for love, because I thought I didn't deserve it.

I drive through the city streets to get to a random cafe a friend recommended to me. The only problem is even with directions I'm lost..

Last resort I text Kevin to let him know.

Kevin's Pov

I check my phone and my heart sinks stuck in traffic and lost..

I quickly reply and offer to meet her in the middle. A few moments pass and my phone buzzes again, I check it and within seconds I'm racing to my parked car. "Okay, okay calm down Kev.." I look at my rearview mirror for reassurance as I talk myself down. I start to drive to our new destination, I don't even have to follow any directions we used to go here all the time. Actually, we went on our first day date here at Primo Espresso.

After fifteen minutes of self given pep talks I park and send her a text letting her know I'm here. I get out of the car and scan the area checking is she's already here or not. Nope.. My phone dings and I nearly drop it trying to respond. She's here, but is trying to find a good parking space, I offer to go ahead and order our drinks. She accepts.

I walk in and quickly rehearse the order "Can I get a Venti Caramel Macchiato and a Venti Chai Tea please?"

"What was that Sir?"

I'm interrupted mid rehearsal and feel slightly embarrassed "Uh yes, could I get a V-"

"Venti Caramel Macchiato and a Venti Chai Tea please?"

I turn my head around to confirm what I already know.

"You came." I smile in astonishment, I mean she said she was on her way, but I didn't know if she really would come here.

"Of course I would Kevy." She smiles, then puts her hand on my shoulder. "I have so much that I need to say.."

That doesn't sound good... Maybe this isn't a reunion after all.

A few minutes of general conversation drink ready.

I grab the cups and walk towards a table near the window.

"Really? Keith?" I burst out laughing after looking at my drink. "When did I say my name was Keith?"

She laughs too "At least it wasn't Kendra."

"Kendra?" I nearly spit out my drink from laughing so hard

Girlfriend's Pov

"Listen, I just wanted to apologize for how things went.. I feeling a lot of emotions that I couldn't really understand. One minute I want to be wherever you are.. The next I feel like I'm getting too close."

I look down at the table waiting for his response..

I hear him sigh gently.

"Baby, you never have to worry about these things with me. I love you and I always want you to feel secure in this relationship. You don't have to worry if you're doing too much and need to pull back to protect your heart... I will never hurt you."

I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Kevin reaches for my hands and squeezes them lightly.

I look up and ask softly "Can we get back together now?"

Kevin smiles widely "Yes, baby."