Get Down

"Nick." A long pause. "Niiick.." No response. "NICK!!!" I make my way though his new apartment, there's moving boxes everywhere. I'm not to sure if I should help with unpacking or cleaning up the packaging peanuts and bubble wrap on the hardwood floor.

"Hey, babe I'm in here." Nick's voice travels from what I assume to be his bedroom to the open living room-kitchen area.  I walk towards the room, trying to not crush any valuables or personal items.

The sun beams through the blinds of gigantic windows that offer only the best view of the city. All of the boys hard work seems to finally have paid off---literally.

"Babe, huh?" I smirk, watching him make up his bed with green and gray sheets. "Well, yeah. We're dating right?" he laughs and half asks, now setting down the comforter.  I nod and help by placing the pillows in their cases.

**two hours later***

Most of my boyfriend's things are unpacked and put in their respectful areas.

It's so weird calling him my boyfriend.. We'd known each other since we were toddlers.

Personally I never thought about Nick romantically until we were in our formative teens. I flew to Zurich for two weeks just to support him, but the guys assumed we were more than friends.

This was something we'd laugh off, until the night before I'd fly back to Florida. We had a mock "date night" and the joke quickly became something real. By the second visit about six months later I told him how I felt and we decided, mutually to remain friends until he got back to the US. Which was a pretty mature decision for two hormone-crazied teens.

I sit on the rectangular carpet in front of Nick's bed thinking about when he first joined BSB. I wonder if they ever imagined the group being THIS big?

"Why are sitting down there? There's literally a whole right behind you." Nick asked and sat at the foot of the bed, trying to pull me up onto his lap.

"Well I was trying to think about the last few years and how so much changed", I playfully elbowed Nick in his side. He laughed and sighed softly "Yeah, massive changes. Some bad, but most of them amazing". Squeezing me into a hug from behind, he starts to nuzzle into my neck. Slowly planting soft kisses.

I giggle "Someone's feeling frisky.." He kissed my cheek "Yep".

Damnit, we just made the bed.. Though I can't really complain.

He already knows I'm thinking about the freshly made bed and offers an alternative.

"The floor?"

I smile seductively "The floor."