Chapter 1.2

Meguro-ku,
Tokyo

The next day we began investigating Takano-san's case and we decided to divide ourselves into two teams.

Team one is in charge of investigating the house. They are in charge of collecting data from the house using special tools, like the night vision camera, digital EMF, temperature meter, EVP recorder, and sensor detector. It usually took forty-eight hours to investigate a certain location and conclude if there had been a paranormal event.

The second team is in charge of investigating the history behind the house. For example, collecting information from the library. We will try to find out about anything that ever happens around the area of the house. Such as rumors, news, or accident which includes talking to the neighborhood and eyewitness. We are responsible for gathering the information.

We visited the Meguro City library.

I opened the old document and a map on the table, "I founded a map and checked the area. The Morishita family build that house in the year Showa 44 (1969), 50 years ago." I said. "Look, it's was vacant land back then. That means they bought a plot of land and then built the house, "

"Who owned the land before?" Rui asked while checking articles from old newspapers.

Rui has light, beige-colored skin and golden-brown eyes. He has a somewhat plain hairstyle, most of his hair is slightly slicked to the left side. Rui's initial hair color is light blonde. However, he is occasionally seen with dyed dark grey hair, with a slight silver tint in it.

Why does he look like that? Well, that's because of the side job. And what is Rui's side job? I'll leave that up to your imagination.

"Let see, the Miyazaki family owned that land," I said, "Looks like after they sold the land in 1969, the land becomes commercial plot and a lot of houses were being built in the area and Morishita is one of them," I said while opening the map carefully so that I didn't miss anything. This area has changed a lot.

"I wonder why the haunted house case is really popular?" Rui murmured. He is also still busy reading articles that might be related to strange events in this area.

I sighed, looked at Rui for a moment, "Do you think the poltergeist caused by Takano-san's daughter?" I asked.

"Well, 50% poltergeist case is caused by a human, usually a girl, so maybe she is," Rui nodded, still focusing on the articles.

"Maybe the daughter has some PK," I murmured. Some people don't realize that they are psychic. There are many types of psychic abilities. People usually think that a psychic is only about seeing a spirit.

"Uhm, this is strange." Rui looks confused and stopped in one article.

"What's the matter?" I left the map in front of me and approached Rui to see the article more clearly.

"Look. In the year of Showa 44 (1969), five families including the Morishita family lived in that area. But, the next year in Showa 45 (1970), all of the four families just moved and sold their houses." Rui explained it and looked surprised.

"Only the Morishita family doesn't move houses??" I said while looking at the article.

"Yes." Rui nodded. "If you look closely, almost every year the owners of the houses around the area change. Of course not including the Morishita's. Suspicious, right?" Rui looked at me.