Chapter 2.3

The first day we conducted an investigation, we didn't get much information. Sakuya and Kiyoharu also didn't find anything significant. The temperature is lower in certain spots, but it is still in a normal phase.

Paranormal phenomena sometimes don't appear on the first day. If there are ghosts, usually they are still hiding because there are strangers coming. But, I do feel there is something in this school. The spiritual energy was huge, as if there were a lot of spirit hanging around in this school. Then, why did a strange incident occur after the summer break?

We tried to interview Kaname-sensei, but that day he was in a outdoor activity with the students.

After hearing from the student, we trying to find more information about the school. I'm bit concerned about Kaname-sensei, so I ask Naomasa-san to help me while I and Yui, continue our research in the local library.

"Is it true Hyaku Monogatari will curse?" Yui said while checking several articles before her. The artiekel is an important article or news from a year since the school was established.

I takes a deep breath while opening a page of ancient books about rituals from the past, "That's what one of the students said. She heard it from her grandmother, so maybe there a record about the legend, " our table is filled with stacks of books and newspapers.

"I never played Hyaku Monogatari or another candle games before. So, I actually concerned too. It's true that tell each other story in specific condition will gather spirit. But, usually it's an only a psychic medium who can do that, " Yui opened sheet after sheet of the old newspaper. She did it slowly so as not to damage it.

"You are right. In the student's cases, they not exactly seeing the ghost. Most of them just hearing and feeling. Even the anatomy that walks, it's only a vessel, " I nodded.

"Hearing the spirit is Clairaudience and feeling the spirit is Clairsentience in medium ability. But, the ability to communicate with the spirit is a gift from heaven, you can't just become one, " Yui too a small breath while taking another newspaper.

I put down the book I read and looked at Yui,"Yes. And about Kaname-sensei, suggesting the student to playing Hyaku Monogatari, while every day telling a ghost story, don't it look like he already planned that?" I just guessed. Because the students seemed very enamored with the ghost story Kaname-sensei told. Why not make a paranormal club?

"Do you think that Kaname-sensei is psychic? That's why he knows a lot of ghost story?" Yui asked.

"Even normal people know a lot of ghost story. If he's psychic, he should know that telling each other ghost story could invoke the spirit, " I took one of the books that look old, "Ah!! I found it! The legend about Hyaku Monotagari," I shouted, then looked around. Luckily the library was very quiet that day. Yui looked at me and shook her head.

She gets closer to see the book, "Oh, it's an old book. A lot of record about the legend about Japanese folklore. Is there is something about Hyaku Monogatari,"

I opened the sheet from the book and stopped in the middle of the book, "Look. The Cursed of Hyaku Monogatari, " I put the book on the table and started reading it.

A long time ago, there a group of young samurai that playing Hyaku Monogatari for a test of courage. The game begins at the New Moon.

Prepare three rooms. These rooms should be adjacent, they should also form an "L" shape when viewed from above. They must rid each room of any weapons or dangerous objects.

In the third room, place 100 lanterns made of blue paper and place a mirror on the table. Ensure all three rooms achieve complete darkness.

Gather together all storytellers and enter the first room. Storytellers should be dressed in blue and unarmed. Take turns telling the strange and unusual tales.