Chapter 1.4

Meguro-ku,
Tokyo

We visit the Iwamoto family on the second block. They lived in that area for a generation.

Now, the house is owned by the third generation, Iwamoto Yuji-san, his wife, and his only son. The Iwamoto family is a very nice family. I'm a little relieved.

"My family lived in this area for generations. I'm the third generation living here. So, we know this area well." Iwamoto-san laughed. "Everyone around this area knows about the accidents 50 years ago. " he nodded. "At that time no one ever wanted to walk around the third block. Especially the families who had kids around five to seven years old," he said. "When I was five years old the accidents still continued, so my parents never let me go outside."

"But, only the children on the third block went missing, right?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Yes." he nodded. "But we were also very scared. The children just started go missing and they found them dead." he took a deep breath as he remembered what happened in the past.

"At that time, did you ever hear about someone suspicious or anything else about the accidents?" I asked while taking notes.

"I don't really remember. " he shook his head. "But because the accidents keep happening until I entered junior high, I heard about the rumor. Like the land was cursed, or the family is cursed, and the house is haunted. But, it's just rumored, I guess."

"Do you know Morishita-san from the third block?" I asked, maintain eyes contact with him.

"My parents have a good relationship with the Morishita-san family. " Iwamoto-san smiled. "My grandparents really like Khaki, so my mom sometimes goes to the Morishita family to buy that, but they never take our money and just give us for free."

"Do you mean the Khaki in the front of Morishita residents?" Rui asked.

"Yes that's the one." he nodded. "They're a really nice family. It's just sad that they passed away so suddenly. Oh, I heard there's a new family living there? Is something strange happening to them?" Iwamoto-san glanced at us.

"Something strange?" I asked. I don't know why, but Iwamoto-san looks nervous. He looks like he has something he wants to tell us.

"Iwamoto-san, whatever is on your mind right now, please tell us. " I said. "Even if you think it's something impossible, we'll listen to you carefully, so we can conduct our research in the right way. We are especially dealing with a strange case though." I smiled, trying to convince him.

"It's not my husband, but that happened to me and my son." the wife started to talk when she entered the living room with his son while bringing tea and snacks. She put them slowly on the table and sat with her husband, while her son leaned on the wall.

"What exactly happened?" I stared at his wife.

"About the Khaki that my husband talking before, actually in summer last year, exactly on August 20th, we visit Morishita-san to give them souvenir we got from our trip. They always give us the Khaki for free and they're really nice couple, so sometimes I stop by. " his wife explains.

"We bought a lot of souvenirs for them, so I come with my mom to help carry them. " the son added. "At that time the Morishita couple welcomed us and we even had tea with them," he said. "But, it's was exactly the week after, I passed the Morishita house while heading to school for my summer club activity, I saw their son and his family cleaning the house. I greeted them and they told me to give the message to my family that his parents passed away in a car accident."