Chapter 1.8

Meguro-ku,
Tokyo

I opened my eyes slowly when I realized that I was lying in a bedroom. I can still feel the pain in my back and the sweat pouring out all over my body. I stared at the ceiling with my heart still beating fast.

I looked around. Sakuya and the others looked at me anxiously, but finally, they smiled. Takano-san and his family also seemed relieved.

Still lying on the bed, I took a deep breath and began to explained my vision, "When I touch the Khaki tree, I saw a large pond, beautiful one. I think it happened at night time. A few men coming from the small house. If I remember correctly from the Fujisima family picture, the men I saw is the husband, his older son and his third son. I don't reorganize the other men's, " I took a breath while staring back at the ceiling.

"They come out of the small house. Carrying a large object covered with fabric. I'm trying to follow them. They walked across the road carrying the stretcher," I said, "After a few minutes, they stop near the lake, put on the object on the ground, and then they began to dig up the holes and put the object there," I feel my head hurt a little. But, I tried to remember what I experienced when I touched the khaki tree, "They buried something near the river, under a small khaki tree,"

They all looked at each other.

"Isn't there a Khaki tree that grows near the river?" Ryu-san said it, looked at all of them.

"Are you sure Nanako is buried near the river just below the khaki tree that grows there??" Kiyoharu frowned.

"I heard from peoples around here, for a long time, the khaki tree had grown near the river. They don't know who planted it, no one knew. But, the khaki tree never ever once bear a fruit. And the tree doesn't ever grow either. If you see the size, it's just like a small girl," Ryu-san said.

"They are so cruel," Ayako covered her mouth with both hands, "Why they so cruel just because she is a psychic,"

"According to Yui vision, someone sees that accident at night, right?" Naomasa asked.

"I believed is one of the maids. I'm experiencing the mass murder that happened in that night," I said, still feel the pain in my back. The maid got stabbed in the back. But, she still trying to escape. I'm really sorry for her.

"I wonder if Nanako held a grudge against her family," Ayako took a small breath.

"I don't think so. She must feel sad, to see his mother so much in pain. They can't meet each other because of her mother grudge, make her covered with an evil spirit," I said. My chest is still hurt.

I imagine what Nanako experienced. No one helped her at that time. She was alone, even until she died in a tragic way, no one cried for her. Why is life so cruel to her?

***

The next day, after getting authority, they try to dig up that area, when they found the bone.  Everyone surprised. There's nothing we can say when we see this terrible event.

"I will tell Miyazaki family, to give full respect and hold memorial service for Nanako and put her ashes in Fujisima family grave," Naomasa said, "And, Takano-san, we will help you conduct a purification ceremony in your house. But before that, were you sure you would stay in that house? If you feel uncomfortable, I would suggest moving. That would probably give you more peace of mind," Naomasa looked at the Takano-san who could only fell silent.

It must be difficult to decide, "We will think about it first, thank you very much for all your help," Takano-san can't hide the sadness on his face. Likewise with family members.

After a few weeks, the hospital confirmed to Miyazaki family that the bone is Nanako Fujisima.

"Yui, you said you see the vision on your dream last night?" Sakuya asked me.

Everyone looked at me.

"I guess everything will be fine now," I smiled.

Sometimes the people closest to you betray you, and your home isn't a place you can be happy anymore. It's hard, but it's true.
I'm relieved that we solved this case. Even though this ended with tragedy. I hope that in the next life Nanako will get the happiness she didn't get in this life.

"Onee-san...Thank you!"

Thank you!"