Chapter 1.6

Den-en-chofu, Ota,
Tokyo

We visit Miyazaki residents and meet with the 3rd and 4th generation of the Miyazaki family. Like most wealthy families from the Showa era, everyone in this household is very polite. Even their maid still used kimono. Miyazaki's family home is in Japanese style houses. However, we could saw the condo-shaped building not far from the main house. We were told to waiting in the living room.

"My name is Miyazaki Jun. I'm the 4th generation of the Miyazaki family. My father not very healthy right now, but when he heard about the telegram, he wants to speak with you. Please wait a moment," Jun-san smiled at us then diverted his gaze to the hallway, waiting for his father.

"Thank you very much," I smiled. I feel a little tense. I looked at Rui who seemed to be casually drinking tea and eating snacks.

"I heard that you have a telegram from my grandfather and want to talk about Fujisima family, " Jun-san said, looked at us seriously.

"Yes," I nooded, "We are from Shibasaki Detective Agency and we are also Takeuchi Shou-sensei discipline, my name is Morimachi Yui and my coworker, Maruyama Rui," I said, "Last week we got a client who lives in the area that own by Miyazaki-san family since 1946. They asked us to help them investigate their new house because the strange accident happened to them since they moved," I explained.

"I understand," he nodded, "I heard a story about Fujisima family from my ancestors,"

"I want to ask if is Miyazaki family is branch family from Fujisima family?" Rui asked. He suddenly sat upright and asked Jun-san in a serious tone, even though for a moment he seemed too relaxed. Rui was always so easy to change his mood.

"Yes," Jun-san smiled, "To be more precisely, My grandfather is the biological son of Fujisima family,"

We were stunned. "Biological son?" I said in surprise.

"It's a twin," suddenly a man comes with his wheelchair assistance by the maid.

"Father!" Jun-san got up and approached his father.

"Sorry for making you wait. My name is Miyazaki Taro," he smiled, "To hear that someone want to talk about the accident even after a long time, make me feels worried," he laughed a bit.

"We are sorry for taking your rest time," I bowed my head.

"No," he said, "It's my father wishes to reveal the truth about what happened back then before he died. But, he doesn't know what should he does because of this matter it's difficult to understand in normal ways," he took a deep breath with a sad expression, perhaps remembered what happened in the past.

"Miyazaki-san, what do you mean when you said, twins?" I asked.

Taro-san smiled, "I will tell you everything from the beginning," he took a breathe, "First, my father is the twin brother of the first daughter of Fujisima family. But, at that time twin is believed is bad omens, especially because they are boy and girl. So they let my father to be adopted by Miyazaki family who is the close friend of them," he said, "And when my father 10 years old, Miyazaki couple told him the truth. They said that family is not always born by blood, it's born by kindness and love," Taro-san smiled. The look on his face shows that he is very proud of his grandfather.

"They sure are really wonderful person. Your grandparents, " I smiled.

"I always thought so," he smiled softly, "Ten years later in the Fujisima family, the youngest daughter is born, Nanako. But...they said Nanako born with one red eye. Fujisima family really scared that it's maybe cursed. At that time people really strongly believe in the supernatural thing. So, they let the little girl live in the annex far away from the main family. After birth, the mother becomes ill and can't move away from her bed. Because all the people scared with Nanako, they put eye pack on her left eye," he continued while breathing slowly, "People starting to talking about why Nanako always talk to herself all the time. So, one day they call the priests and he believes Nanako can see the spirit of the dead,"