Chapter 4.3

Hikone-shi,
Shiga

When we returned to the base, Naomasa and Ayako seemed to be sitting at a table while reading a few papers. They looked serious. Especially Naomasa-kun.

"We're back," I greeted them while putting the tools I was carrying. I then sat at the computer desk to checking the camera that had been installed.

"Oh, welcome back. How about the investigation," Ayako asked, staring at us.

"There are lots of interconnected rooms. We don't even know what is waiting for us in the next room. This house is like a maze," Yui sighed, "Oh, we found a diary in a room that looked like a library," she put the book which we found on the table.

Ayako took it, "The secrets of living younger?" she took a breath, "No matter how many centuries passed, this kind of methods is always popular. I wonder if there's really a secret to living younger?" Ayako chuckled.

"You need to live healthier," Yui sat in a chair beside Ayako, "What about Ayako-chan and Naomasa-kun? Find something?"

Ayako sighed, "There's something strange about this house,"

"Of course. The house itself is strange," Yui replied, "You see, Kiyoharu-kun said this house just like Winchester House. Because there is so many rooms and their never-ending renovation until the owner passed away,"

"Oh, the famous haunted house. The rumors said that the owner of the house is crazy right?" Ayako took a sip of her tea, "Talking to the dead, trapped spirits inside her house, and she will die when the renovation stopped. Some said she just want to spend the money. She is rich after all, "

"Heh...so it's only making up stories?" I asked, still focusing on the computer.

Ayako sighed, "Nah, people want a reasonable explanation, right? Who will believe you when you tell them you want to trap a spirit inside your house and the spirits are the one tell you about the design of your house? No matter what is like a joke, right?"

"You're right, " I said, "What you found with Naomasa then?"

"The town people telling us scary stories. They heard the stories from their ancestors, " Ayako looked at Naomasa, "About the Hanasaki family. Right, Naomasa-kun?"

"Yui, is this woman you saw when you first entered the house?" Naomasa shows a piece of newspaper that looks old.

Yui looked at the piece of the newspaper and saw a photo of a woman sitting in a chair, "No. Is not her. The woman is much younger, I think the same age as me and she has beautiful brown hair. Who is she?" Yui asked.

"Yui is right," I said, "The woman I saw was a young woman. I think she is too young to be Hanasaki Keizo's wife,"

"This woman on the article is Hanasaki Miyabi. The wife of Hanazaki Keizo the master of this house. She died mysteriously and her body also mysteriously disappeared. Until now the body hasn't been found," Naomasa explained.

SLAM !!

We gasped at the sound of the door being pushed when Sakuya and Rui entered. We then let out a sigh of relief.

"We are back," Rui said "Somehow we couldn't stop. We continued to follow all the doors when we thought we were on the 3rd floor and happened to be on the 1st floor, " Rui took a bottle of orange juice.

"What about the outside investigations?" Sakuya also took a bottle of orange juice and walked over to me who was watching the monitor screen.

"You see, the wife of this house died mysteriously, then the next day, when they were going to do a funeral, the body disappeared," Ayako recounted, "Then the rumor said that the wife was a witch,"