Prologue 3: The Last Letter

"When the doorbell rings and you look and saw no one there, don't open the door. Superstition dictates that you'll be inviting a spirit into your house in that way. Legend said that the spirit is the one who rings the doorbell."

"But, when a spirit gives you a gift, even if it is just a voice, take it with gratitude. It might be the only thing they have to give and they have chosen to give it to you."

***

I woke up one night and got out of bed looking at the clock that showed 1 o'clock in the morning. Still half asleep, I stepped out of the room. My doorbell didn't stop ringing.

Who comes at midnight like this?

I stood in front of the intercom screen and saw Nao standing there. I immediately opened the door.

"Nao!" I was surprised to see her sobbing, "What's wrong? Come on in," I hugged her shoulder and guided her in, "Sit here," I tried to help her to sit on the couch.

Nao then sat down while continuing to cry. There is nothing I can ask about in this situation. I then headed to the kitchen to make tea. I wondered what happened. Could she fight with her boyfriend?

"Saki-chan ..." Nao's voice sobbed in a whisper, "Please ..."

I placed the teacups and approached Nao. Nao got up from the couch and looked at me with teary eyes.

"Saki-chan ... please ... help me ..."

"Nao, what's wrong?" I looked at him anxiously. However, my eyes widened when I was about to touch her shoulder.

Nao disappeared. Disappeared right in front of me.

Am I dreaming?

***