Chapter 3.1

Welcome to Shibasaki Detective Agency.
For today cases, I will be your investigator. My name is Kakiuchi Naomasa.

Except me, everyone in this agency is psychic and the boss too, maybe?
Because I never have seen him for the last six months. He always wondered around like a ghost, but, I make you sure he's living human. And as well the rest of the employees here.

Annoying members? Well, Rui always asked permission for his part-time work, and our boss, he always called while laughing happily from nowhere.

About me? Sorry, but at this time I want you to focus on the case we will handle. Maybe you will find something about me there. Rest assured, I'm not a bad person.

***

Marunouchi,
Tokyo

"It's been a long time since I come to this office, right Naomasa-kun?" Kusanagi-san sat on the sofa while looking around, "Not much has changed," he smiled. "Is the inspector Shibasaki out now?"

Today, a client comes to our office.
Katayama Saki-san, 24 years old, government workers and Kusanagi Manabu-san, 40 years old, a police detective.

Kusanagi-san is an old acquaintance of Shibasaki-sensei and sometimes coming to our office just to have friendly talks with us. He admired Shibasaki-sensei, but not even once since this office opened he ever meet with Shibasaki-sensei.

I sat before him and answered briefly, "Yes. It's already six months ago when the last time a see him, " I looked at Kusanagi-san, " And Kusanagi-san, Shibasaki sensei is not inspector anymore,"

"Hahaha! Naomasa-kun, you sharp as usual. You really admirable person. Even without the boss, this office going well," he laughed hard. Kusanagi-san is easy going person, just like Shibasaki-sensei. Maybe that's why they worked very well together when Sensei was still in the police force.

"Everyone worked hard here. Why are you coming today, Kusanagi-san?" I asked.

I don't like stale talk. Somehow it's very popular in the community. Why do you need stale talk if you just want to say bad news. It was like stabbing someone with a sharp knife, then pushing them from the roof of the building.

"You don't want to make small talk, huh?" Kusanagi-san smiled, "Yes. It's a job of course. Let me introduce your client, she is Katayama Saki-san. She comes to the police office yesterday to report a missing person. And accidentally, her friend enveloped with the cases that I'm working right now,"

"I'm Saki Katayama. Nice to meet you," she smiled awkwardly. I could see that she looked very nervous since entering the office.

"With pleasure. I'm Naomasa Kakiuchi. I'll be your investigator, " I smiled, "What kind of cases that make you come to our office?" I asked, looking back at Kusanagi-san.

Kusanagi-san took out a piece of paper from inside his bag and placed it on the table, "Premeditated murder. And her friend is a victim. But, when I'm trying to get more information from her, she tells me a strange thing. She said, she meets with her friend one day after the accident happened," Kusanagi-san explained.

I took the paper and saw that there was an announcement of the missing person. I looked at Ayako, "Ayako, get a recording and note the important thing in this interview," I said. Ayako nodded. I then looked at Katayama-san, "Katayama-san, because you came as a client, we will ask for your data in the form and contract. No need to worry, because all your data will remain confidential," I explained when Ayako put the tape on the table and sat next to me holding a note, "Then, Katayama-san, could you please tell us more about the strange thing that happened to you?" I asked.