Chapter 5.4

Motoyama-chō,
Kōchi

That night we continued the investigation. As usual, we take turns to watched the camera. Yui is the only one who doesn't sleep at all.

Yui used post-cognition when she fell asleep. When involved in the case, she got used to not sleeping. Yui can't control her spiritual power. Compared to the amount of spiritual energy needed to do psychometry, Yui's spiritual energy is weak, which is why she sometimes falls too deep in the memory she sees and in some cases is injured because of it.

But, when Sakuya touches Yui's hands when she's doing psychometry, Sakuya will give Yui haft of his spiritual energy and at the same time he can see the same vision as Yui. That way Yui will be able to see the vision more clearly. But, it only worked with Sakuya. Is still a mystery though.

"Oh Sensei, are you awake?" Yui looked at me while I opened the door.

"Yes. I can't sleep. What are you doing?" I asked, sitting in front of her.

"I tried to gather information that we got. But it didn't find anything that could help," she complained, "Want some coffee, Sensei?" Yui asked.

"Sure, thank you, " I smiled.

"There is nothing wrong so far. The equipment has not shown signs of a spirit in this house. The temperature is still normal and there is no strange sound," Sakuya said as he paying attention to the statistics.

"Sensei, don't you feel anything?" Yui asked, staring at me while putting the coffee in front of me.

I can't say about the conjurer to Yui, "I haven't felt anything yet. There are still many mysteries, Kamaitachi and something in the pool, and the curse that happens to this family. There are still many mysteries," I sighed deeply.

"By the way, Sensei, when I was attacked by Kamaitachi, when you touched my head, did you drive the yōkai spirit away?" Yui asked, "Because it feels like something is detached from my body, so the pain disappears,"

"Hmmm ... you could say that," I just answered briefly.

"Sensei, doesn't Yokai and Shikigami have the same form? Sensei can drive them only with spiritual power. Does that mean, Sensei can also control them?" Yui looked at me seriously.

I fell silence for a moment. Then smiled, "Yui-chan you are very observant. How do I say it, actually ..."

HELPPP !!!

Suddenly we heard screams and shouts. We were startled and looked at each other and immediately ran out. We met Kiyoharu and the others who were also shocked by the sound of the screams.

"Where does it come from?" Kiyoharu asked.

"It seems from the right wing, where the servants live," Sakuya said.

We ran towards the right wing of the house. We passed the Matsumoto family who also headed in the same direction. We then arrived at the right-wing of the house and saw one of the servants lying on the floor. He laying in pain while holding his stomach.

"What happened?" Ayako asked.

"We don't know, suddenly he groaned in pain," the maid looked very frightened, their faces pale and trembling.

"Cough ... cough ..." the lying servant suddenly spit out blood. The maid screening loudly. His body began to be cut apart, his entire body suddenly scarred.

"Cough .... cough .... cough ... !!" We were all shocked. Not only blood, from inside his mouth he spits out insects. More precisely he spits out centipedes. Everyone screaming and step backwards.