Chapter 3.2

Shinagawa,
Tokyo

We visited Nagasawa-san's apartment, room no. 17 on the 2nd floor.
When we opened the room door, the room looked neat with several boxes arranged in the middle of the room. Maybe the family prepared to bring all the stuff back home soon. I wonder if we can found "something" here.

"What should we looking first?" Ayako asked while looking around the room. The room is quite spacious, with one bedroom and bathroom. Kitchen and empty space that can be used as a dining room or living room.

I looked at the pile of boxes in the middle of the room, "We got Nagasawa-san picture from Katayama-san, right?"

Ayako nodded and took out the photo from inside her bag, "The picture was taken 2 weeks ago,"

"Then, we must find the clothes that match with Nagasawa-san in the picture that we got from Katayama-san. We will check it out if this place is really Nagasawa-san," I looked closer to the boxes and slowly opened the top box,

Ayako just stood while staring at me in confusion, "What do you mean?"

I lifted the top box and put it on the floor and bent down to examine the contents more closely, "Nagasawa-san can't drive, but she has a driver license. And in the letter, she said that she may be pregnant, but the victim of the accident is not pregnant. If the accident is really premeditated murder, then someone must be prepared for everything. They must know that even the driver license is found, the police will still provide a DNA test. And the police will come to check out her place and using her belongings to prove the victim identify,"

"Ahh!" Ayako stepped into the other box, "You want to check it out if the belonging is really Nagasawa-san's, right?"

"It's an actually simple trick. First, the woman who is the victim of the accident is not Nagasawa-san. The planning is to make Nagasawa-san become the victim. For that, the perpetrator needs someone who resembles Nagasawa-san physically. The blood type, the height, and hair colors. Next, the perpetrator only needs to move the belonging of the victim to this apartment, so it will look like everything is Nagasawa's. If the police come to check it, they will absolutely take the sample from the fingerprints, the toothbrush, or the comb. It will match the corpse."

"Uhm..." Ayako looked still confused, "How about face?"

I closed the box I checked because I didn't find any clues, "The corpse is burned, remember? The face can't be reorganized anymore. That way the police doing DNA test from the victim belonging. I'm sure is part of the perpetrators' plans," I move to the next box.

"It that so, " Ayako smiled, "You are amazing as usual, Naomasa-san, " Ayako looked at me for a moment, "Naomasa-kun, why are you working for Shibasaki-sensei? Don't you want to be a lawyer?"

I ignored her, "You have to stop wanting to know other people's business. You can get a problem someday," I sighed.

Ayako pouted as she continued to examine the box in front of her, "You're always like that, Naomasa-kun. You know, you should be able to be a little more friendly to clients," Ayako stopped her work and looked at me, "Naomasa-kun, do you have a girlfriend?"

"No!" I took a breath. That's why I don't like working with woman. Their curiosity for things that are not important is the problem, "Where is this conversation going? Get back to work and look more carefully," I glared at her.