Chapter 4.5

Hikone-shi,
Shiga

Everyone looks at me with confused looks on their face. They get closer to the floor where I stood and looked it carefully.

"Something under the floor?" Sakuya asked, "You mean, there is a secret room under this floor?" Sakuya bent down, "But, there is no gap here. If there is an underground, there must be a gap. But, this floor blends with the others perfectly,"

I looked around, "All windows are glasses. The ceiling also looks normal," I thought about it for a moment, "Is there maybe some kind of mechanism in this room? To open a secret room?"

Ayako looked really worried, "We have not yet finished the blueprint of this house. There are still lots of rooms that we have not examined, " she said, "Too many rooms. If you want to check properly, this might take months,"

"Arghh !!!" I'm really annoyed, "Borrow equipment from the workers and breakdown this floor,"

"Ehh ??" they were surprised and looked at me, "Look, we didn't come here to make Blueprint. We came to do an investigation because this house is rumored to be haunted. So, what can we do?"

Sakuya took a breath while looked at the floor, "Alright. We are asking for help from the workers,"

Suddenly, some people come in a hurry. The servants and workers. Good. We can immediately ask for help from them. To find the girl. Find something in this house.

"What's the matter?, " Ayako asked, "Has everyone returned home?"

Their faces looked scared, "A...about it...two people disappeared just a moment ago, " one of the workers said that with trembling voices.

Our eyes open wide in surprise.

"How is that possible?!!" Ayako raised her voice, "Didn't I tell all of you to leave this place immediately?! And I also said that no one can wander alone!!" Ayako looked angry.

"A servant and a maid," the head of the worker, Takamura-san explained, "A servant disappears while taking their things and a maid disappears in the restroom," his voice trembled, "That...he said he would take his clothes. When I said I would come with him, he said just for a while, so I let him go," he said, "And the maid, she went with her friend to the restroom. Then when she entered the toilet, her friend waited outside. Because after a few minutes she didn't come out, her friend then tried to open the toilet door, she was not there,"

I looked at Sakuya and Yui. Their faces looked worried. Especially Ayako. How could there still be people missing? Why don't we feel anything?

"Should we look for them?" Yui asked.

Sakuya shook his head, "No. Looking for them could add more people who disappeared," he said, "Where everyone right now?"

"They gathered in the front yard," Takamura-san said, "What should we do?"

"Ask them to leave this place right now. Get out of ​​the house!" Sakuya said, "And the rest, who above 30 years old, help us to break down the floor in this room. Bring the necessary tools,"

"Yes, Sir!!" They immediately left the room. We took a deep breath and looked at each other.

"Unbelievable!" I said loudly, "This family, the husband, and the wife do something like killed peoples, unknown, even by their children and the whole family?"

"The Hanasaki family is hiding it," Sakuya said, "Nakagawa Erika may not know, but her mother and her aunt must know something,"

"But how?" Yui asked, "How did they take the victim without being known? And again, didn't they have died more than 30 years ago?"