Chapter 1.3

Kichijoji, Musashino,
Tokyo

We visit Morishita's house with Takano-san to ask some questions about the house. Takano-san bought the house from Morishita Daichi-san, a forty-six-year-old researcher at the IT company. They are both coworkers. He invited us in and followed him to the living room.

Morishita-san was surprised when we asked about the house he sold to Takano-san. "About the house?" he sighed. "It was my grandparents who bought the land and built the house. But, I never lived there." he looked upset for some reason.

"Why?" I asked and stared at him seriously.

"My father moved when he entered university, after graduation he found a job and married my mother. Then they bought a house in Kichijoji." he said while leaning his body on the sofa. "It was always my grandparents who came to visit us. If I remember correctly, I visited my grandparent's house for the first time when I was in junior high."

"Did you ever hear about the accidents that happened at your grandfather's house?" I asked.

"I don't really remember." he sighed and looked at Takano-san. "By the way, Seiji-san said that he wants to talk about the house. But, I don't really understand. You are from the detective agency, right? What exactly happened in that house?" he asked in confusion.

"Takano-san and his son came to our office and said that his family began to envelop with some strange phenomenon since they moved to the house six months ago." I explained. "So, they want us to investigate what's happening in the house."

"Strange phenomenon?" he asked, looked at us with a weird expression.

"Yes." I nodded. "For example, Takano-san sometimes smells blood when he enters the house. A lot of strange things are happening like the doors and windows opening and closing on their own, someone or something knocking on the door even when there was no one there, and sometimes they see a little girl running around the house."

"What?!" he was shocked and his eyes widened.

"You stayed there after your parents passed away, right Morishita-san?" I asked.
"Did you ever experience something like that?"

"Of course not. " he raised his voice. "Like something like that could be really true. Looks like you want to say that house is haunted?" he started to look annoyed.

No matter what, talking about the ghost is like a joke. But, that's our job.

"I understand what you're saying. But, it's our job to believe in what Takano-san said." I said trying to convince him.

Morishita-san sighed and looked at Takano-san while frowning. "Seiji-san, are you're sure about what are you talking about? Maybe it's just your kids playing around? Or maybe one of the neighbors told your wife some strange story?"

"It's not like that, Daichi-san. I really feel something strange." Takano-san said nervously. "That strange accident continues happened." he said. "At first, I thought it's just our imagination because we just moved house, but day after day it seems more and more real." he tries to explain. I understand he didn't want to be told that he made up stories.

But, explaining to a nonbeliever like Morishita-san will take a century.

"Why do you still believe in something like that?" he said and glaring at us. "What they called it, supernatural, psychic? Aren't most of them fake?" Morishita-san said as he raised his voice.