Chapter 6.4

Iya Valley, Shikoku Island,
Tokushima

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard a voice from outside. I looked at the bed beside me, it seems that Ayako hasn't returned yet.

I then slowly got out of bed, took my fur jacket, and opened the door slowly. The corridor was dark and quiet. Of course, everyone is sleeping. I saw the clock on my cellphone, it showed 3 o'clock in the morning.

I turned sideways when I heard the voice again. I then walked down the corridor which was only lit by a small wall lamp with dim light. I then saw the light from a room.

Isn't that a doll's room? The door is open, is there anyone there?
Oh, maybe the light from the camera that we installed.

I then stepped closer to the room. The closer I got, the cold air pierced my entire body. When I reached the door, I peered a little from the outside. My heart suddenly beat loudly, my eyes widened, and my mouth gaped wide to see the view in the room.

A man is standing there. He stood in front of a girl figure. At first glance, they seemed to be kissing. The girl held the young man's cheeks, while the young man held the girl's shoulders.

But, they are not kissing. A black shadow came out of the man's mouth and entered the girl's mouth. Deep black. The girl devouring all the black shadow that comes out of the man's mouth. Again and again.

My heart beats very fast, that I can't breathe normally. I still don't believe what I see. When the black shadow stopped coming out from the man, both of them let go of each other's grip.

The girl and the young man, slowly turning at me. With their bright red eyes, they looked at me.

Sensei and Akane-chan.
They looked at me with the scariest expressions I had ever imagined.

I was startled and my eyes opened wide. My heart beats fast. Sweat poured out all over my body.

A dream? It just a dream?

I looked around. The clock on the table shows 5 o'clock in the morning. I saw Ayako's bed was still empty. I took a deep breath, trying to regulate my breath. Suddenly, I heard the sound of footsteps from outside. Running around. I immediately took my jacket and rushed out. Kiyoharu and Rui ran past my room.

"Yui!" Rui called me.

"What is wrong?" I asked in confusion.

"You heard the scream? It seems something happened in the backyard," Rui said.

We then ran towards the backyard.
When we arrived, several people had gathered. Including Kasagi-san and Ichinose-san. Sensei and Sakuya look like their checked out something.

"What is wrong?" Kiyoharu asked.

The servants moved from where they stood to give us the room to see what had happened.

"Arghhh !!!" Rui shouted.

A maid lying on the ground. Her whole body seemed to dry out. Like a skull that only wraps by the skin, without meat and fat. Drying like a branch that burning by fire. Her eyeballs glared out with his mouth wide open to show her jaw. She still wearing a pajama.

"What...what is this?" Kiyoharu slowly approached the maid's body. Sakuya and Sensei just fell silent. Their face was full of confusion.

"The gardener found her when he was about to start watering the backyard," Sensei said, "All the maids and servants sleep at 10 pm. Her roommate made sure she was in the room last night, but when she woke up this morning she was gone,"