Chapter 5.1

Hello.
Welcome to Shibasaki Detective Agency.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Nozomu Shibasaki.

Oh, don't be surprised.

If you are lucky enough, you can meet me in the office sometimes.

It's not like if I'm an important person. I'm traveling around for the sake of this office.
I'm only a detective. Someone who is "quite" normal.

I was very happy because my "kids" at the agency office worked hard to solve each case.

Especially, Naomasa. I really like him.
Oh, he doesn't like me? No, no. He is just shy.

Every kid here is special. I met them accidentally when I was on duty as a police officer. Maybe that is called fate.

When I first met them, they were only kids who didn't understand their "power". How to use it and how to control it. It takes hard work to convince them that their "power" can be used to help people.

Especially Sakuya. For myself, meeting an Onmyoji is something I never expected. You can say, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Old saying.

Without realizing it and maybe slowly realizing, I can't let these kids just wandering around. It can be dangerous in various ways.

I understand there are many things that are difficult to explain. Something that happened to you. You can believe it or just ignore it. Therefore, we are here to answer and explain things that you might not find the answer.

How about me?
I'm only a former police officer.

***

Motoyama-chō,
Kōchi

Today we visited our clients in rural areas, a village that surrounded by hills in the mountainous region of Kōchi Prefecture. Our clients are wealthy families who have lots of land in the area for a long time ago.

The kids were very surprised when I returned. But, as usual, Naomasa doesn't show any expression. I was eager, once to see his surprised face when I returned.

"Sensei, where will you take us?" Rui asked while looking out from our car window. Only the view of the hills is visible when we passed the roads.

"You won't take us to a nice place, right?" Kiyoharu added. He looks focused on driving.

"I should have pairs up with Sakuya-kun's car, with Yui and Naomasa-kun. Yui brought a lot of snacks," Ayako sighed. She leaned in the backseat while looking out the window.

"Ehhh? Nobody wants to come with me?" I laughed, "Nobody wants to ride with an old man like me,"

"It's not like that," Ayako sighed, "After all Sensei, I don't think you are old. You still on your..."

"Ayako!" I stopped Ayako before saying it, "It's a secret, " I smirked, "Oh. It's seen. The village where our clients live," I pointed to a village between the hills when we passed a long bridge.

Ayako and Rui looked out the window. For Rui and Ayako who always live in the penthouse on the top of the building, they may be thinking, "Are you sure there are people who live there?"