#10 T minus 3 weeks

So I've started to write some of the requests people are sending in. I'll be using random names in the one shots! I hope you enjoy them!

I watched as Sarah, the lady from reception came rushing across the field towards the gaffer, covering her mouth as she spoke to him. Pep looked up across the field and when he caught my eye contact, he gestured for me to go and speak to him. Turning my walk into a jog, I made my way over to him and stood before him. "Leah's mum just called. You need to get down to the hospital." Sarah said. "She's gone into labour and the contractions are progressing quite fast."

"She's three weeks early." I said, my heart starting to race.

"She'll be fine, lovely." She smiled, placing her hand on my arm. "All of my babies were at least three weeks early and they've all grown up to be happy, healthy children. Baby might just be a little small when they first arrive." I nodded at her.

"Go, John." Pep said, patting me on the back. "And good luck."

My journey to the hospital was a blur; all I wanted was to be beside Leah. I ran through the halls of the hospital as fast as I could, getting directions to her room from the woman at the front desk. As I rushed into her ward, I was greeted by the smiling face of my girlfriend and my in laws. Leah was looking at me as if I was crazy, and Ian, my father-in-law was chuckling.

"You got here quick." Sharon smiled, moving from beside the bed so I could sit down next to Leah. "You've got plenty of time before baby is here. She's only three centimetres dilated, J."

"How are you doing?" I asked, kissing Leah on the forehead.

"I'm okay." She nodded. "In pain, but I'm okay."

"I can't believe we're going to be parents today." I beamed, holding her hand.

"I know." She smiled.

"We'll leave you two for a while." Ian said. "Call if you need anything."

With that, they left the room. I looked down at Leah and admired how beautiful she looked; even in labour, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I felt her grab hold of my hand as another contraction took over. I ran my thumb across her knuckles as she groaned in pain.

"I'm so proud of you." I said, "You're going to make the most amazing mum."

"It hurts." She breathed, taking a deep breath.

"I know, baby. Not long now."

Boy, was I wrong!

Eight hours later, we were still here. Ian and Sharon had popped home for a sleep, with the thoughts that the baby wouldn't be here any time soon. Leah's contractions were coming quick and long now, and I was sure it wouldn't be long until the baby was here.

"Hi guys, how are we doing?" Georgia, the midwife asked. "Shall we see how we're getting on?" She popped on a pair of gloves and began checking over Leah. I could tell Leah was uncomfortable when she began squeezing on my hand once more. Georgia appeared once more, a smile on her face. "Well, Leah. You're 10 centimetres. I think you're ready to push."

"I'm not ready." She said, shaking her head, starting to panic. "John, tell her I'm not ready!"

"You've got this." I said, "I'm right here."

"I can't." She whimpered.

"Leah, look at me." Georgia said. "This is the easy part. Baby will be here in the next 10 or so minutes." I looked down at her and nodded; she was so determined with everything else in her life, I was sure she'd be fine delivering our baby. "When you feel the next contraction coming on, you start pushing Leah." Georgia instructed. Leah nodded, taking a hold of my hand again.

"Okay." She said. When the next contraction came around, Leah started to push. She squeezed my hand so tight and it hurt, but there was no way I could admit that, not when she was giving birth to a seven pound baby. "Oh, it hurts." She whined, tears falling down her cheeks as she continued to squeeze my hand. It killed me that I couldn't take the pain away from her. "I can't do it." She frowned once the contraction was over. "I can't do it, I'm sorry-"

"You can." I nodded. "Look at me. You can do this. You'll be holding our baby so soon."

"Okay, start pushing." Georgia said.

Leah let out a scream, and after a few more pushes, our beautiful baby was here.

"Oh my god." She said, her hand covering her mouth as our chunky little baby was placed on her chest. I turned away from her as I started to cry, embarrassed that I was getting so emotional. "Look at her." Leah whispered, her voice cracking. I turned back towards them and glanced down at our baby once more. We finally had our beautiful baby girl. We both watched in awe as Georgia wiped her over with a towel, cleaning up the blood; she was a beautiful new-born pink colour, and I was so in love. As Georgia scooped her up, I felt my heart drop.

"Where is she going?" I asked, wanting to see my baby.

"She's just weighing her." Leah chuckled.

Georgia looked up from the scales. "Eight pounds 5." She smiled.

"Wow." I laughed.

Georgia wrapped her in a towel and brought her back over to Leah and I. I took a seat next to Leah on the bed and placed an arm around her as we admired our gorgeous creation. After a few minutes, Leah handed her over to me, and once again, I couldn't stop crying.

"She's so beautiful." I breathed in awe.

"What are you going to call her?" Georgia asked.

I looked over at Leah and she nodded at me, a smile on her face. Reaching down and taking our baby's tiny little hand in my own, I chose a name I'd always wanted to call my first daughter.

That evening, I posted a picture of our beautiful baby girl on Instagram;

'Welcome to the world, Harriette Ella Stones. You have absolutely completed mine and your mum's lives, and I'm so happy that you are finally here. Three weeks early, your timing couldn't have been any more perfect. I hope I can be the best dad for you'.