#15 Oh, Brother

Request.

The Maguire family were a close one; we spent a lot of time together, and I could tell my family everything. I'd grown up close to my siblings, especially Laurence, my twin brother, and Harry. Harry had always been the protective older brother; Joe was too busy with Devon to care about my love life, so when I started seeing Harry's England teammate, he wasn't best pleased. After seeing how serious we were about each other, he softened up a bit, but we still weren't his favourite couple in the world. Now, I was pregnant with John's baby, and Harry still didn't know.

"You've got to tell him soon." Laurence said. "He'll find out."

"Stop pressuring her." Amelia, his girlfriend said, smacking his arm. "She's got time."

The three of us were sat in the living room, where we'd been sat all day, waiting for Harry and John to return from their team meet. For the past year, John and I had been living in Manchester at his house, and Harry found it extremely hard to get his head around. Today, the boys were at a meeting about forty minutes drive from our house, so he was crashing here for a few days with his fiancé Fern. I'd decided I'd tell him this weekend about the baby, so Amelia and Laurence had driven up to support me.

"Tell him what?" Fern asked, walking in from the kitchen with a cup of tea in her hand.

I looked over at Laurence and scowled. Fern still didn't know. I took a deep breath and looked at Amelia; as much as Fern and I had always been close, Amelia and I had always been closer. There wasn't a day that we didn't speak, and I'd consider her one of my best friends. She nodded at me, and I sighed, looking over at Fern. She was perched on the edge of the sofa, a big smile on her face. I scratched the back of my neck.

"I haven't told Harry yet. Obviously. But, I've got some news." I nodded.

"You're pregnant." She said, her smile turning into a smirk.

"H-how?" I asked, glancing between her, Amelia and Loz.

"I've never seen you looking so nervous." She laughed. "But you look happy."

"I am." I nodded. "We are. I'm just scared to tell Harry."

"Why?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "You know he'll be happy."

Just then, the front door opened. I took a deep breath and looked between the three of them. If I was going to tell him, it needed to be now. I nodded to myself. As the two of them walked into the lounge, I stood up from my seat, throwing my arms around John and planting a quick kiss on his lips. I said hi to Harry, before taking a seat back down on the sofa.

"Harry, I have something that I need to tell you." I said. "We need to tell you."

"Okay..." He said slowly, nodding.

John was looking at me, a look of sheer horror on his face. He was terrified to tell Harry, and I couldn't blame him. He could be scary when he wanted to be. I took another deep breath. "So I know we haven't always been your favourite couple, and you didn't approve of this to begin with, but we love each other so much and your support means more than you'll ever understand. We've obviously been together a while now, and we've got some news."

I looked over at John and nodded. "We're having a baby." John announced.

Harry's facial expression didn't change as John broke the news. I suddenly felt sick; he was upset.

"Harry..." Fern said, taking his hand. "You're going to be an uncle."

"I heard." He said.

"Isn't that great?" She asked. "Another baby in the family."

"Yeah." He nodded.

A tear sprang to my eye. I didn't expect this reaction. John placed his hand on my knee and looked between Harry and Fern. Fern looked upset at her boyfriend completely dismissed the fact he was going to be an uncle again. I stood up from the sofa and made my way out of the room, muttering an 'excuse me' as I pulled the door closed behind me.

I heard the arguments erupt downstairs as I laid down on our bed. My head was spinning, and all I could hear was John, Harry and Laurence shouting at one another. After a few moments, Fern and Amelia appeared in our bedroom door, both of them with sympathetic looks on their faces. "He'll come around eventually." Fern said, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Don't worry about him." Amelia said. "John is his best friend. He'll be over the moon."

"I'm just so scared." I said. "He's my brother and he's going to be the Uncle to my baby and all I want is for him to be happy for us. His opinion means everything to me."

"Olivia." Fern said. "He is happy for you. He's just shocked."

"I think I just want to be alone for a while." I said, nodding. The girls understood and left the room once more, leaving me with my thoughts. I laid there for a while, before there was a knock on the bedroom door. Before I could answer, the door was being opened, and there stood my brother. He had a sorry look on his face, and he held out his arms as he walked into the room. I sat up and hugged him as he perched on the end of the bed. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked. "You're making me an uncle again. I should be the one who is sorry."

"Please don't be mad at John." I begged.

"I'm not." He shook his head.

"You both mean the absolute world to me and I can't wait for you to have a baby. Yes, it'll be weird; you're still my baby sister and he's my best friend, but I couldn't think of a better combination of people to create their own tiny human." He chuckled. "I just feel sorry for you. You think John will be able to change a nappy?" We both started laughing. As if by magic, John appeared in the door way, a smile on his face as he saw we'd made up.

"All sorted?" He asked. I nodded. "Good."

"I'm sorry, man." Harry said to him. "I think you'll be great parents. And let's face it, you're gonna make a cute kid."

"You know I love your sister more than anything on this planet and I'll do all I can to look after her." He sat down on the other side of me and wrapped a protective arm around my shoulder.

"When are you due?" Harry asked.

I smirked as I looked at him. "March 3rd."